May 9-May 13
MAP Testing Information-THE FINAL WEEK!!!
Click below for the most up-to-date copy of the MAP test schedule. Chromebook cart assignment under the teacher name on the right hand side.
Also, please review this summary of special area classes for the six weeks of MAP testing:
Monday, May 9-Friday, May 13- No changes in special area classes
DRA Window is Opening
Here's a quick review of the Spring DRA Window expectations:
Title 1 Students:
- Carla and Kim will give the DRA to these students.
- Classroom teachers will not need to give them to Title students.
- Given between the dates of April 25- May 20.
- DRA scores must be entered in SISK12 no later than May 25.
5th grade students:
- Please proctor the DRA to 5th grade students that are reading below the grade level benchmark between the dates of April 25 - May 25.
- This information is very helpful for middle school principals and teachers, as they plan for next school year.
Sign Folders In/Out of Record Room. Keep locked if storing in classroom during the window.
BOGO Book Fair & Summer Library Information
BOGO Book Fair: Stock up for summer reading and visit out Buy One, Get One Free Book Fair. ALL items are Buy One, Get One Free. The Book Fair will be in our school library fromMonday, May 9 - Friday, May 13 from 8:05 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Students will visit the book fair during their weekly library visit. In addition, our book fair will be open on Tuesday, May 10 from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. so families can shop together.
Summer Library Info: Check-out books from Lakeview Library to read this summer. Students can check-out up to 10 books to read! Watch for the permission slip form to come home. In addition, mark your calendar, our library will be open this summer on June 15 and July 13 from 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Students can visit the library during this time to return books and check-out new ones.
End of Year Checkout!!!
- Please hand in your classroom map/digital images to Doug/Melissa at your checkout appointment with them. Due to summer school being hosted here, we don't want them left on doors and then lost.
- Make sure you are signing up for your checkout appointments. Clicking below will take you to the document with live links to click to sign up.
Papercut Reactivated-May 10th
Tomorrow (May 10) PaperCut will be activated once again on the Kyocera copier/printers in your buildings. So when you print to those copiers, you will need to input your 5-digit code to print out your jobs.
The PaperCut company released a software patch to resolve the issues we were experiencing. We rolled this patch out to our non-school buildings last week and so far so good...
The Week Ahead...
BOGO Book Fair this week!
Monday, May 9
K-2 Collaboration Word Study
Tuesday, May 10
AM 1/2 Day Release-Kdg
PM 1/2 Day Release-3rd
1:15-3:00 p.m.- 4th Grade Mini-Society
3:30-5:30 BOGO Book Fair and Art Show
Wednesday, May 11
3-5 Collaboration-Word Study
Administrator Meeting- 11 am (Doug out)
LVE Papa John's Night
6pm District Awards Banquet
Thursday, May 12
AM 1/2 Day Release-1st
PM 1/2 Day Release-4th
GOTR Celebration- 6:00 p.m. in multipurpose room
Friday, May 13
JA in Day
8:30-1:30 5th Grade Field Trip
9:00-10:30 Wentzville Fire Department with Kdg for reaching Sight Word Goal
11:00-12:00 2nd Grade Author's Picnic
Family Fun Fair- 5:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
You've Been Shouted Out in May:
Have you shouted out someone for May?
Use this as a spot to shout out the great things happening in our building. Brag on a teammate or thank a teammate. Fill yourself up with pride by reading all the great things happening at LVE. Help spread positivity...