ETC Winter Workshop Technology Day
Brought to You By: Educational Technology Committee (ETC)
Please RSVP by Noon on Monday, February 1st
Friday, February 5, 2016: 5:30-9pm in Huber Hall Room 208
Dinner, Campus Technology Updates, & Software Training
Please Bring Your Laptop, Tablet, or Smart Phone for Hands-On Practice
1. Sign-in, Welcome, & Light Dinner: 5:30-6pm
2. Introduction: ETC Training Community in Blackboard (Bb): 6-6:15pm
- ETC Training Community: New Spring 2016- Check it Out in Blackboard
* Found in Blackboard Community Tab
* Training Resources Available Now
3. Introduction: Medaille Medallion Retention Portal: 6:15-6:45pm
- Attendance, Academic Warnings, & More...
Medaillon Support: http://it.medaille.edu/medallion
Access through your Faculty Tab in Medaille One
4. Information & Simulation: Online Student Opinion Surveys (OSOS): 6:45-7:05pm
- For ALL Courses & Program Starting Spring 2016 semester.
- Practice taking an OSOS from the Student Perspective.
- Bring your mobile device so you can play!
- Complete an Online OSOS from the Student Perspective!
- OSOS Tips: https://www.smore.com/tewc5-online-student-opinion-survey
5. Break: 7:05-7:15pm
6. Introduction: Top Hat Interactive Software: 7:05-8:15pm
- Increase Student Engagement & Assessment during Class Lectures
- Top Hat Website: http://www.tophat.com
7. Introduction: Kaltura Video Streaming Software for use in Bb Courses: 8:15-9pm
- Overview: Video Screen/Presentation Capture Demo
- Kaltura Flyer: https://www.smore.com/tuf7n
- Kaltura Website: http://corp.kaltura.com/
8. Raffles & Professional Development Certificates: 9pm
- Earn Professional Development Certificate by Attending One of the On Ground Workshop Sessions
- Enter to Win Raffle for Attending
- Must be Present to Win!
A Special Thank You to Presenters
Special Thank You ETC Members
Faculty: Andy Yeager, Belete Mebratu, Colleen Wilkinson, Vohita Mihai, Val Macer, Donald Nowak, Jonas Patricko & Mary Beth Scumaci
Administrators: Dr. Kenneth Macur, Dr. Brenda Fredette, & Gian Martinelli
Instructional Technology Staff: Bob Chyka & Ray Drechsel