The Paw Print
22-23 Volume 12 December 9, 2022
Coffee and Connections
As a reminder, the car loop gates close at 8:15. If they are closed, please drive your student to the front office and sign them in. Students should never be dropped off in the car loop once the gate is closed. There is no monitored entry on that side of the building, therefore it is a safety issue leaving students after the gate is closed.
Reimagining Middle School
Reimagine Middle School Stakeholder Feedback: It’s not too late to give your feedback. Check out the video below and the link to give additional feedback:
Website with Link for Feedback: https://sites.google.com/share.brevardschools.org/middle-school-task-force/home
Food on Campus
For the safety of all students, please remember that glass containers/bottles are no allowed on campus. And, students should only have water in classrooms. Energy drinks are not allowed at school.
December 10 - Surfside Chorus sings at The Avenues Viera
December 19 - Coffee and Connections (See Image Above)
December 16 - Early Release - Dismissal is at 1:30pm
December 19 - 21 - Early Release Days - Dismissal is at 1:30pm
December 22 - January 5 - Winter Break
January 6 - Full School Day (No Longer Early Release)
Lori Laine Trunkline Replacement Project
More and more students are coming to school with smart watches. Watches that take photos/videos, text and make phone calls should also be powered down and stored away in backpacks. These would be considered a cell phone and a contract should be completed for these as well.
Anyone not adhering to the procedures will be asked not to bring technology to school, and disciplinary action may be taken. Thank you for your support with this.
Breakfast and Lunch
If your child will be buying lunch, please make sure they have money in their account by visiting www.MyPaymentsPlus.com. You will need your child’s student ID in order to sign up for an account. If you need this, you can find it in FOCUS.
No Glass on Campus
Parent Lunches on Campus
Beginning in January, we will no longer be limiting how many parents can come to lunch by classroom. Instead, we will open 50 spots each Friday. We still ask that you sign up, as this allows us to preprint yellow stickers. Due to space constraints, we do ask that you continue to bring camping chairs, picnic blankets etc. We have loved having families on campus for lunch and hope see many more second semester.
- Include your child's name in the comment section when you sign up. This will help our team locate your in the volunteer system prior to arriving.
- Parents need to bring a camping chair or blanket for the picnic-style lunch.
- Parents must be on time for their child’s scheduled lunch time.
- Parents must communicate with their child’s teacher that they will be coming to lunch on that day.
- Parents must sign in at the front office with a valid license and their child will meet them in the designated lunch space at the beginning of the lunch period.
- Parents will be escorted to the lunch location and supervised if they are not a registered volunteer. Registered volunteers do not need to be escorted or supervised during their lunch.
- Parents may only have lunch with their child.
- Please be mindful of time; your child will need to report back to the cafeteria before the end of their lunch period to line up with their class. Parents will sign out in the front office.
Parent Volunteers - Don't wait!
Please use the link below on how to register as a school volunteer. This process is required for volunteering on campus, in the classroom, for special events, and for field trips. Additional information will be posted on this site.
If you are volunteering on campus, you MUST have a prior appointment set up with your child's teacher. This process can take a few weeks, so please plan accordingly.
Want to get involved but don't know how? Email SurfsideElementary@Brevardschools.org. We would love to help you find a way to serve at Surfside.
Interested in Being a Business Partner?
Surfside Elementary School
Surfside Elementary School provides a safe and positive environment where high quality education occurs for all students.