Mosaica Online Happenings
February 18-22 2013
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Monday, February 18th: President's Day Holiday
- Friday, March 1st: Advisement Meeting @ 2pm in Julie's office
- Tuesday, March 5th: Staff Meeting @ 7pm Eastern
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
Staff Spotlight - Dawn Myers
I grew up in western PA. I graduated from John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio in 2004 and then moved to Charlotte, NC, where I began teaching high school. Life, jobs, and a little bit of boredom led me further south to FL and then back up north to Delaware where I now reside. I have a daughter, Bailey, who will be 2 this May. I enjoy scrapbooking, sewing, and refinishing old furniture. I also enjoy long walks on the beach, and with the stress of having taught teenagers for 8 years, I might need more of them!
Thank you Dawn for all that you do!
*Please keep Elaine Gaughf-Smith in your thoughts- she is recovering from surgery and will be beginning chemotherapy in approximately one month.
*As always, please keep Barbara Noel-Williams in your thoughts- she is a WARRIOR in her fight against cancer!!!!
Let me know of any concerns or celebrations within our Mercury family!
Every month in Art Club students have the opportunity to showcase their own creative art works! During these "open submission" assignments students can upload drawings, paintings, sculptures, photography, digital art or crafts they have made. Check out this excellent illustration of a tiger drawn by Middle School Art Club member Elias Weaver!
- The middle school book club is still reading The Red Pyramid.
The high school book club has just finished reading The Great Gatsby. The students enjoyed the book, but wanted to read more! They did not want it to end. We are currently deciding on our next book.
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
Tip #5 The Process of Elimination
· After you have been through all of the questions once, go back and find questions you have some knowledge about and eliminate choices that you know are incorrect.
· If you can eliminate two wrong answers, your chance of choosing the right answer is greater.
Let's Continue Our Discussion on Love and Logic®....
"Questions create thinking...warnings, lectures, and threats create resistance."
Love and Logic ® Teacher-isms by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
What Is Going On In Other Mercury Locations?
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
Welcome to the American School Foundation in Mexico City!
We have the privilege of working with a few students this semester in some of our high school courses. Teachers of ASF students, be sure to save a copy of their calendar!
You will receive updates here that will pertain to our students in any of these locations!
- be sure to consult the various calendars in D2L for these locations
Teachers PLEASE be sure you are keeping your D2L grade book updated. Whenever a program needs grades for a progress report, we export the D2L grade book current average. Thank you!
- February 22 - Professional Development Day
- March 1 - Professional Development Day
- Feb 18 and 19 - Winter Break
- Feb 25 - Mar 1 - Winter Break
Weekly Data Discussion:
Quartile 1 Student Watch Log