Who Can Build the Strongest?
Why not toothpicks or balsa wood? Spaghetti is very unforgiving. Design is much more important in a spaghetti bridge than a toothpick one. Spaghetti is also available in a nice form for construction--long cylindrical rods. And, one can’t complain about the cost. . .
To ensure that all variables are controlled so that it is all about the design and construction...
- Can only use spaghetti noodles supplied by your teacher.
- Can only use the glue supplied by your teacher.
- Bridge must span a 50cm space.
- Bridge must not weigh more than 250g
- Supports the heaviest load suspended from the center of the span.
- The bridge is to be supported only by horizontal surfaces at each end.
- See general schematic below...