Advanced Environmental Monitoring
Amit Benedict, Dylan Sharp, Siraj Mahmud
Staying cool in the ISS
- light, dark, wet, dry, air, vacuum
- the temperature of the orbiting Space Station's Sun-facing side would soar to 250 degrees, while thermometers on the dark side would plunge to minus 250 degrees
- The ISS is built with a thermal balance system
- Space is a radiation-dominated environment
International Space Station (ISS)
Temperature on earth and on the ISS Day and night
The widow protects the ISS
International Space Station
Pucture of the ISS useing it's radiators to capure and use heat from the sun
Plumbing in space
- Space Station Nothing goes to waste on the International Space Station where nearly everything is recycled
- there are plumbing rooms in the iss
- Most of the ISS waste is recycle both crew and laboratory animal.
- Crew members need specialized hardware to perform basic bathroom necessities
- ISS plumbing includes a lot of pipes and fans
1. How many bathrooms are in the ISS?
2. How do you create energy for heat and cold?