What Is Cerebral Palsy?
By Christian Whatley
Cerebral Palsy (or CP) is a disorder that affects the muscle tone, movement and motor skills. Cp is usually caused by brain damage before or during birth, or within the first 3-5 years of the childs life.
Oh, But Is It Genetic?!
Gene abnormalities might prevent the brain from functioning properly. It affects the nerve cell connected and genetically influences how brain cells develop and grow, leading to cerebral palsy.
So What Are The Symptoms?
The symptoms are shown by the child feelings or expressions. These ways are listed as:
- Difficulty grasping objects
- Difficulty swallowing
- Inability to focus on objects
- Inability to hear
Are There Any Signs?
The signs can be determined by different clinical tests. These Sings are:
- Not sitting by seven months
- Not turning head toward sounds by four months
- Not verbalizing words by 12 months
- Walking with an abnormal gait
- Not blinking at loud noises by one month
Well, Have They Found A Cure?!
No, they have not. But there are a variety of resources. One is therapy, they could see an orthopedic surgeon, social workers.