St. Anthony MS
One Team. One Family.
Week of June 6th - 9th
6th grade teachers assist in the cafeteria in the morning this week. Thank you!
Special Thanks to Mr. Pertierra de Rojas for subbing for Ms. Carter this week and to Mrs. Tabor for subbing for Ms. Kinyon this week.
Our School Goals
- 100% of our students will grow in the areas of Math and Reading
- 10% increase in advanced and proficient rating on state testing
- 90% of classroom students will reach their end of the year STAR target goal
Monday (Maroon A Day)
- Report Cards printed out today
- Staff jeans day
- Regular schedule for 6th and 7th grade students
- Graduation practice for 8th graders. Load buses at the MS at 10:20. Graduation practice will go until 12:30 at the latest at the HS.
- Graduation gowns note: Our new gowns arrived, and we will need to assign them to students either immediately after graduation practice if there is time before lunch OR during 4A. If we need to assign graduation gowns during 4A, elective teachers will be notified and will assist with going up to 4th floor to get this done. [Please note: the new gowns that arrived were randomly sized, which is why we still need to assign these to students.]
- 8th students will have electives at their regular time once graduation gown sizing is complete.
- Graduation Mass at 6pm at St. Anthony Church - All 8th grade homeroom teachers should attend, though all teachers are welcome to join us as we celebrate our students!
- STAR incentive during recess. Please allow the 7th graders out from their 3rd hour classes and escort them to the back parking lot. 6th/8th grade students will be dismissed from the cafeteria. The following people have volunteered to help supervise recess: 6th - Maki, 8th - Komorowski -- Note: additional volunteers still needed!
Tuesday (Gold B Day)
- Please see below for Tuesday's schedule.
- 8th Grade Trip to Chicago
- Teachers - Please bring clothes to wear if you would like to join in today's soccer game
- 9:00-11:00 Petersen at Leadership Meeting
- 5:00pm 5th Grade Music Concert (Keyser Hall Gym) and 5:30pm 5th Grade Potluck Celebration - 6th Grade Teachers are welcome to attend if you wish
Wednesday (Black A Day)
- 8th Grade Breakfast and Award Ceremony in the AM, 6th and 7th Grade Awards in the PM
- Early dismissal for 8th grade students.
- Report cards go home to 8th grade students. Give report cards to Mrs. Sanchez for any students not present.
- Graduation at 6pm at St. Anthony HS - All MS teachers should arrive at 5:15 to both assist with graduation and also to celebrate our students.
Thursday (Gold A Day)
- No Mass
- Report cards go home to 6th and 7th grade students. Give report cards to Mrs. Sanchez for any students not present.
- Turn in laptops in office to SMG staff in office between 2:00-3:45pm unless you are teaching summer school or are working on task force
- Classroom end of the year checklist completed and given to Mrs. Petersen/office basket before leaving. All staff expected to stay until 3:45pm.
If you need anything over the summer, feel free to call or email me. I will be on vacation from June 10 -June 17 and July 4 - 8. Ms. Deutsch and I will be working with our summer school program.
Classrooms will be cleaned by maintenance after school gets out. Buildings will officially be open for staff to work August 8th - 19th. Feel free to give the office a call at 414-810-3858 if you have any questions.
Summer PD schedule will be emailed and mailed to your homes during the summer. New teachers and will have training from August 16 - August 19. All staff will have training from August 22 - 25. August 26 is not a contractual day. First day of school for our students is August 29!
Thank you for all of your hard work, especially as we finish strong these last few days. It’s been an amazing 2015-2016 school year. I wish you all a relaxing summer, with plenty of time with family and friends.