September 7 Newsletter
What's Coming Up
Monday, September 10:
- 5th Grade Washington DC Information Session (5:30pm in Media Center)
- PTA Executive Meeting (6:30pm in Media Center)
Friday, September 14: Instructional Assistant Appreciation Day (formally known as Teacher Assistants)
Wednesday, September 19: Yom Kippur Holiday - No School
Thursday, September 20: PTA Meeting (6:30pm in Media Center)
Friday, September 28: Early Release Day (1:15pm dismissal)
October 1-5 National Custodial Appreciation Week
Wednesday, October 3: 10:00am Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Thursday, October 4: Fall Picture Day
Monday, October 8: PTA Exec Meeting (6:30-8:00pm Media Center)
October 15 - October 26 AIG Nomination & Testing Window Open
5th Grade Washington DC Family Information Meeting
If your child is in 5th grade this 2018-2019 school year at Bryan Road, please plan to attend the Information Session on Monday, September 10 (5:30-6:30pm) in the Bryan Road Media Center. The meeting will cover important information including:
* Questions & Answers
1. If you have to pick up your child early, please arrive before 3:15 in order to make sure your child is able to be released safely before afternoon dismissal begins. You will pull in the bus entrance and park in the smaller side parking lot.
2. Also, if you have any transportation changes, please write a note in the morning to your child's teacher. Do not use email or Seesaw as teachers are unable to check these regularly when they are teaching. If you have an emergency transportation change, please call the office.
3. Wake County does not allow students to ride the bus to any locations, other than their approved stop. They are not allowed to ride the bus home with friends.
4. Sign up for Here Comes the Bus to track your child's school bus! (SCHOOL/DISTRICT CODE: 67500)
End of Day Transportation:
Families, please start having your child use the mode of transportation that will be their permanent way to school and from school. If they are going to ride the bus throughout the year, they need to ride the bus now so they don't lose their spot on the bus. We are providing support here at school to help them learn the arrival and dismissal systems and become familiar with their mode of transportation.
We appreciate your patients as our students are learning the new systems. We expect them to get faster as the year progresses.
PTA Sunshine Committee Announcement
Hey Wonderful Parents!
As you all know, we have the BEST staff around so it is very important to us that we find ways to let them know just how special and valued they are! The Sunshine Committee would like to set up several ways to celebrate them and show our appreciation for them throughout the school year, and we need your help!
We have come up with a few fun ideas that we would love to get volunteers for!
- One way is by bringing teachers a small gift (such as their favorite drink, candy or snack) on their birthday.
- Another idea is to have "Treasure Tuesdays" where one Tuesday each month, a family can bring in some sort of treat for the faculty (such as brownies or chips and dip).
- In addition, we would like to provide a few meals throughout the year for our teachers (a Taco Tuesday luncheon on 9/25, a Christmas Breakfast on 12/7, Sweets for Our Sweethearts on 2/8, and a meal for Teacher Appreciation Week during May - TBA).
If you are willing to help us out with either the Teacher Birthdays and/or the Treasure Tuesdays, please sign up using the forms below! Then, those who sign up will receive a separate email with more details such as specific birthdays, drop off times, etc. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to Jaclyn Harper (email@example.com) or Jessalyn Pedone (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you so much for your consideration!
The PTA Sunshine Committee
Click here to view the Birthday Sign-Up
Click here to view the Treasure Tuesday Sign-Ups
Eating Lunch at Bryan Road
The lunch times are shared below for your convenience. Please keep in mind that these are not the same times that will be used on Early Release Days or Delayed Start days.
Regular Schedule Lunch Times
1st Grade & EC: 10:50-11:15
2nd Grade: 11:47-12:12
3rd Grade: 11:20-11:45
4th Grade: 12:15-12:40
5th Grade: 12:15-12:40
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH FORMS DUE NOW
Free or Reduced LunchPlease click this link to find more information related to our free and reduced lunch program. Forms are provided in both English and Spanish and can be filled out on paper or online.
*If your child received free or reduced lunch last year, you DO need to reapply for this school year by clicking this link.
Former Creech Road Students
Creech Road had a unique program that provided free breakfast & lunch to all students. Other schools do not qualify for this program. Students participating in the breakfast or lunch program at Bryan Road should fill out the Free & Reduced Lunch Form or bring money to purchase meals at school.
My School Bucks
Sign up for or add money to your child's cafeteria account by clicking here.
Low or No Balance
If your child has a low balance or needs to repay the school for breakfast or lunch, you will see a hot pink piece of paper in their book bag. This is a way for the cafeteria to communicate with families.
- Lunch cost $2.55 per meal
- Breakfast cost $1.25 per meal
Birthdays at Bryan Road
Let your child's teacher know at least 2 days ahead if you will be bringing in treats so you both can coordinate a time for delivery. Please remember that alternatives to sweets are also great treats for the class such as: recess balls, frozen fruit bars, popcorn, books or games for classroom, etc.
Additionally, please share these plans with your child's teacher a week in advance anytime your little one will be missing several days of school. This allows the teachers ample time to prepare your child's work ahead of time.
If your child misses school make up work will be sent home when they return (as opposed to sending it home prior).
Thank you to the following businesses for supporting our Open Houses!
Please visit their restaurant located at 110 Cabela Dr, Garner, NC 27529
Thank you, Garner Home Depot! 2540 Timber Dr, Garner, NC 27529
Thank you for your generous donations to several of our events! We appreciate you! 1401 Aversboro Rd #103, Garner, NC 27529
Our Community Partners Support our School, So Let's Support our Community Partners!
Bryan Road Elementary School
School hours are: 9:15 start and 3:45 dismissal.