Stilwell Monday Message
Weekly Student and Family Communication
May - 5/17/21
Good morning and happy EVEN day.
Students and families, please remember that we will be following our mask and other mitigation expectations for the remainder of the school year.
Our last day of school is quickly approaching. Just a reminder that we will be dismissing three hours early on June 2nd from a normal Wednesday. This means students will be dismissed on June 2nd at 10:50 am. A sack lunch will be provided.
Students you continue to show your hard work and determination by improving your grades over the last couple of weeks. Please continue to show your grit and perseverance by turning in all pieces of learning to your teachers. We want your reported grades to reflect what you know and are able to do within each of your classes. If you are in need of help please speak with a trusted adult.
Erica Whittle - Principal
- Tuesday 5/18 - BAND CONCERTS: 6:30 7th grade concert, 6:45 Jazz Tigers, 7:30 8th Grade concert, all concerts will be performed in the Stilwell Gym.
- Friday 5/21 - VOCAL CONCERTS: 6:00 Bass clef choir concert, 7:30 Treble clef choir, both performances will be at Valley's PAC.
April - Tigers of the Month
Every month each team selects two in-person students and one online student to be honored as their Tiger of the Month. The following students were not only selected by their team of teachers as exceptional students inside the classrooms but were also selected by their team of peers as their team's Tiger of the Month. For the month of April, the cornerstone teachers were focusing on was: Does their Best.
- Does what is expected of them
- Keeps trying
- Trying their best even if it is incorrect
- Open-minded and listens to others
- Does not blame others
The Stilwell Student Council and Facility would like to give a BIG shout-out to the following students:
- T - Eli Basler and Yasmine Husham
- I - Colin Bril and Jarome Horn
- G - Seppe Gratianni and Ava Horton
- E - Manny Roemmich and Jayden Nguyen
- R - Brandon McLaughlin and Theo Baker
- S - Morgan Moore and Loren Weber
Stilwell 21-22 School Supplies
Music Summer Program Opportunities
For students entering grades 5-9
Students participate in orchestra rehearsals, musicianship classes (including ear training and
theory), and sectional rehearsals. This is an intensive study of orchestral music and listening skills, culminating with a concert on June 18. Program taught by Matt Meyer, Curtis Barr, Abby Hendricks, Xavier Quinn, and Jeanne Caldwell.
Session: June 7-18, from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Location: Valley High School
Sign up now at https://wdmcs.community/summer_strings
For students entering grades 6-8
This two-week program meets for one hour each day and gives instrumental music students the opportunity to develop their rhythmic skills, strengthen their tone and playing technique, and polish their music reading skills in preparation for the school year. A concert will be held on June 18 at Valley High School.
Session: June 7-18, from noon to 1 p.m.
Location: Valley High School
Sign up now at https://wdmcs.community/summer_music
Valley Boy's Soccer Camps
The Valley High School boys' soccer program is offering a variety of camps this summer! Each camp costs $100 and is held at Valley Stadium.
These camps focus on the basics and foundations of the game, with experiences benefiting both beginning and seasoned players. Led by Valley varsity boys' soccer head coach Aziz Haffar, camp staff will touch on the physical, technical, tactical, and physiological aspects of the game. Campers will have a balance of games, drills, and fun, with a free T-shirt and soccer ball included!
Camp Dates & Times
- June 7-11: 9 a.m. to noon for ages 6-8 and 9-16
- July 5-9: 9 a.m. to noon for ages 6-8 and 9-16
- August 2-6: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. for ages 6-8 and 9-16
For any questions about this summer's offerings, please email Aziz Haffar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE to SIGN-UP
Parking Lot Protocol
We understand our parking lot drop-off and pick-up process can be time-consuming. However, we need all families to follow the procedures to ensure our students are safe. Please remember these guidelines:
- Do not use the local business as a place to pick-up your child.
- Do not drop off your student or stop for any reason along Vine Street.
- Do not pull into the bus lanes along Vine Street.
- Do not allow your student to exit the vehicle until you have pulled up to the curb in the parking lot.
- Please drive slowly through the parking lot and on Vine St.
Reminder for In-Person Students
If your student is signed up this semester to be an “in-person” learner, your student cannot choose to learn “online” due to convenience, illness, or weather unless the district determines that we all move to online learning for that day. Students will be counted absent and will need a parent call to excuse.
This should be done in the usual way through our attendance line at 633-6000. You may leave a message 24 hours a day and we ask that you give your student’s name, student ID number, and what grade they are in so we may update their attendance. Thank you!