Room 216 News
End of Elementary School Edition
1. Please send your child to school at the normal start time on Tuesday, June 2nd. We will depart form BES by 9:15am, and we'll leave Lake Monocan by 1:30pm to return to BES.
2. Have your child wear their swimsuit under his/her clothes to school. The administration has kindly requested no two piece bathing suits.
3. PLEASE make sure to apply sunscreen to your child before coming to school!
4. Please help your child label and pack:
- A disposable snack and water bottle for the morning.
- A full changes of clothing. The students will have an opportunity to change out of wet clothes before the bus ride home, so make sure to send whatever they will need.
- A towel.
- A bag to hold all of these things!
6. Lunch is provided. We'll have chicken tenders, chips, watermelon, drinks, and dessert. Kids are welcome to bring their own lunch if they prefer.
7. Bad weather will change our plans. If the forecast looks bad for the 2nd, we will move the field trip to our rain date, June 3rd.
8. Last but not least, please remind your children that safety ALWAYS comes first and that a positive attitude and bright smile are important, too. Brownsville has a great relationship with the Lake Monocan Staff, and we are eager to introduce them to our fantastic fifth grade class.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact Terri or Katherine:
Terri Meenan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Up Day
Shirts for Tie Dying
Dates to Notice
May 27th-5th Grade Math SOL Test Part I
May 28th-5th Grade Math SOL Test Part II
June 2nd-Lake Monacan Trip
June 3rd-Lake Monacan Trip rain date
June 4th-Yearbooks go home
June 5th-Field Day & Yearbook signing day
June 8th-5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
June 9th-Last Day of School--wear your tie-dye t-shirt