Sub-Sahara Africa HIV/AID's
Where is Sub-Saharan Africa
The area south of the Sahara Desert
What are HIV & AID's
H – Human- A virus that can only effect humans.
I – Immunodeficiency- Breakdown in a persons immune system.
V – Virus- A virus can only reproduce itself by taking over a cell in the body of its host.
Facts about HIV & AID's in Sub Sahara Africa
- 88% of the worlds children with HIV & Aid's live in Sub-sahara Africa.
- 25 Million people with HIV & AID's live in Sub-Sahara Africa.
- In 2011 1.8 million people with the new HIV & AID's infection
- 69% of the people world wide live in Sub-Sahara Africa
- 71% of the deaths of the virus were from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Only 5 of the 10 million people received treatment
- Because of the disease life expectancy is at 54.4 years old.