Florence Family Update
September 8, 2017
Thank you Mrs. Knagg for another beautiful tribute to our 1st Responders and Military! What an honor it is to give a small piece of our time to honor those who give so much every day!
Our APEX Fun Run is well under way! Our goal is to raise $24,000 for technology and supplies for our campus. Just to give you an idea.... if each of our students were able to have their own Chromebook, it would be around $120,000. It's baby steps for sure!
Please join us for the Keller High School Homecoming Parade this Monday, Sept 11!!!
The theme is space! So anything "out of this world" is great!! Most are planning on dressing the kids in any type of shirts that has stars, moon, etc. on it!
The parade begins at 6:30 pm but everyone needs to meet at Keller Middle School no later than 5:50 pm. We are do be loaded and ready to go by 6:10. Our official placement is #25. Please bring a bag of candy to pass out. The parade is one way and you may want a mode of transportation to get back to Keller Middle. We will have an extra long trailer hoping that everyone can fit and no one has to walk. Not that we are competitive at all but...... we have been #1 the last 3 years!! :) We do hope you will come out and join us for this evening of fun!
Vision & Hearing Screenings are next week!
Keller ISD serves nearly 35,000 students from nine cities in 42 campuses.
Follow #Keller101: Get to Know Us!
But how much do you really know about the day-to-day happenings within the District? How is Keller ISD funded? Why are the lights on at the school after hours? Who is the new superintendent and what is his vision for our District? Follow along throughout the year as we share #Keller101 facts on Twitter each day at 1:01 p.m.
Help with Vision and Hearing Screening
Help Needed for Fall Carnival / 40th Anniversary Celebration
1. Game chair - In charge of gathering materials, directing game set-up and hosting the volunteers.. NOTE - we are doing less games than normal b/c we have Sport Teams and chili-cookoff
2. Bake Sale Chair - in charge of gathering baked goods and assisting in assigning prices to the items, direct volunteers in sales.
3. Chili Cook-Off Chair - in charge of table planing, finding judges, and directing tasting.. Heather and Amanda have offered to help with themed decoration (Thanks!)
4. (Ettie ) KHS Hospitality - Host Football, Soccer, Cross Country, and Softball teams... hoping to hear back from more teams.. (Cheerleaeding and Drill team) help planning to have proper space, help them set up and check in every now and then make sure they have water ect..
5. Heritage Host - decorate and help find memorabilia for 40th anniversary tent
6. Tailgating Set up Chair - Gather and set up tents and spirit items like college flags and mascots stufies?... Direct setup
7. Live Sport Chair - couches? more flags? Projectors? Gather and Direct Setup
8. Marketing Chair - make signs and decorate, help publicize event
You would not be alone! I will help and day of we will have people to assist. Please consider signing up, its going to be a blast :) Attached our cute logo so you can get excited! Below is a more detailed description of the festivities.. Thanks Ya'll- Melissa York
Chili Cook Off "Battle of the Bowls"
- Win Gift Cards, swag and Bragging rights!
- Chili tasting and judging 11-1pm. Setup 10am.
- Judging Categories
* Best Presentation
* Tongue Burner
* Most Creative
* Best Tasting
*Option 1 ($35) - includes 1 FREE family admission to Carnival ($20 value) and 1 FREE limited edition "Battle of the Bowls" T Shirt ($10 value), tasting, judging and Prizes :). Family must be related, individual passes can be bought for $10 each
*Option 2 ($25) - includes 2 FREE Carnival Passes ($20 value) and 1 FREE limited edition "Battle of the Bowls' Tshirt ($10 value), tasting, judging and prizes. Individual passes can be bought for $10 each.
- After Oct 6 add $20 late registration fee
- Registration fee to be collected prior to table setup and decoration
- Special Edition Battle of the Bowls Logo Tshirts available at carnival while supplies last, each team receives 1 free shirt/registration
- Each team must provide their own slow cooker, ladle and table decorations for "Best Presentation" category.
Tailgating Party and Carnival
- We are going to have decorated tailgating themed tents set up in the lobby area, hallways and outside (weather dependent) to create a college football tailgating *feel* (need tents and Flags, spirit items)
- encourage everyone to come dressed in favorite College Team clothes..
- Keller High School teams Football, Soccer, crosscountry and Softball will be signing autographs, running miniclinics and playing gentle games. I have also invited Basketball, Cheerleading and Drill team.. hoping to hear back soon. We will set up a tent for each team to decorate and host.
- PTA Themed Tailgaiting sites -
* "40 years of excellence" tent, Florence memorabilia and meet and greet of current teachers and Teacher Alumni (we have contact with Florence Alumni teachers) looking for more input and ideas here
* LIve Sports Tent - A relaxing and fun tent with live college football on display
- inflatables, facepaint, activites and games
- Hotdog meal for sale (tentatively) ($2) for hotdog, chips and drink- Boy Socuts
- Chili Tasting and Bake Sale (instead of cake walk)
- Price :$20 for family Pass (must be related), $10 for individual. Take payment and give handstamps at the door.
Wonderful Opportunity for our 3rd and 4th Grade Girls!
Please click on this link to register your 3rd-4th grade student for the KISD Girls Empowerment Conference taking place Saturday September 16th!!! https://www.gracefullystrong.com/p…/conference-registration/
September 4th - No School / Labor Day
September 7th - Room Rep. Info. Meeting for 3rd and 4th graders 3:30 Auditorium
September 8th - Flag Day
September 11th - Homecoming Parade
September 12th - 3rd Grade to Natatorium (Vanderveer, Harris, Brezina)
September 13th - 3rd Grade to Natatorium (Bradley, Evans, Holman)
September 12th-13th - Vision & Hearing screenings for K,1st,3rd,& new 2nd/4th students
September 14th - Apex Fun Run
September 18th - PTA Meeting / 6:15 pm
September 19th - Watch D.O.G. Kickoff / 6:00 - 7:00 pm
September 21st - CEIC Meeting / 3:30 - 4:30
September 22nd - Spirit Store
September 28th - Grandparents Day, A-M
September 29th - Grandparents Day, N-Z