The Bill of Rights
By: Michael Butzer and Braden Creel
to give a list of rights to the public that are guaranteed to the
every citizen of the United States of America.
First Ten Amendments:
1. Freedom of speech, religion, press, etc.
2. Right to keep and bear arms.
3. The conditions for quartering soldiers.
4. Right of search and seizure.
5. Provisions regarding the prosecution of an individual.
6. Right to a speedy trial.
7. Right to trial by jury.
8. Provision against excessive bail and cruel punishment before trial.
9. Rule of construction regarding the constitution; and
10. The rights of the states under the Constitution.
rights to citizens. This document also allowed for the government and
the public to be equals. Though that's not so true now, it was a huge
deal back then.