Holly Academy News & Views
September 6, 2019
First Week...It's A Wrap!
We look forward to seeing you at Fueling Parent Excellence on Monday, September 16th from 5:30pm-7:30 pm. We are offering Skyward and Google Calendar training from 5:30pm-6:00pm in the auditorium. Following this training we will run two half hour sessions that will ensure that you have all the grade level information needed for your Husky to have a successful year. Specials teachers will also run sessions, as well as Mrs. Craven, who will share the various assessments we use at HA. We will end the evening with volunteer training, a mandatory requirement for all parents who want of volunteer in any capacity at HA.
It's great to be a Husky!
Each spring our families fill out the parent survey which assists us with improving our programs and facilities. Over the summer we made improvements to the campus based on your feedback.
- The exits to the drop-off/dismissal lanes were resurfaced, as well as some potholes
- The middle school east and west roof ledges received new fascia
- The gym concrete ramp and walls were completely replaced
- Sidewalks were replaced
- The middle school received new lighting
Restrooms were mentioned quite frequently in the survey. Please know that we hear you and will work to renovate our older restrooms systematically over the next few years. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us, we truly value your input. Power of the Pack!
Did you know?
- Our first PTO meeting is September 12th at 8:00am in the media center? We would love to see you there!
- The PTO annually awards a $1,000 scholarship to a Holly Academy student that attended HA from kindergarten through eighth grade?
- Holly Academy was the first charter school in Michigan to create a foundation? Our Holly Academy Education Foundation (HAEF) supports our staff and students through annual grant giving.
- Many school districts are no longer allowing students to access their cell phones during the school day? Holly Academy has always had a "no cell phone policy" during the school day. We value education and believe that cell phones distract from the academic environment (the very thing that some districts are now discovering).
Mrs. Melero's Kindergarten Class
Mrs. Idoni's Kindergarten Class
Mrs. Foss' Kindergarten Class
- Sept. 7 - Holly Day Parade meet at VFW at 10:30am
- Sept. 11 - Patriot Day-students can wear red/white/blue tops with uniform bottoms
- Sept. 12 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in the media center
- Sept. 12 - Fire drill at 11:30am
- Sept. 16 - Picture Day
- Sept. 16 - Fueling Parent Excellence 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Sept. 17 - Citizenship/Constitution Day-students can wear red/white/blue tops with uniform bottoms
- Sept. 25 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30pm in the media center
- Sept. 26 - Tornado drill at 11:00am
- Sept. 27 - Cookie dough sale begins
- Oct. 2 - Count day
Fueling Parent Excellence Conference
There are many reasons why Holly Academy is the top academic performer in the area. One of these reasons is our high level of parent support and involvement! The best way you can support your child in his/her academics is to attend our Seventh Annual Fueling Parent Excellence Conference on September 16th, from 5:30-7:30pm.
Holly Days Parade and Community Play Day
Come walk with us in the Holly Days Parade this Saturday, September 7th! Students, siblings, parents, relatives, teachers, staff- everyone can join us! Wear Holly Academy attire and school colors to show your Husky Pride! We will meet at the VFW Hall in Holly at 10:30 am. All HA students who walk in the parade will receive a free dress down ticket. The Community Play Day following the parade includes a free hotdog lunch, fun games, activities, and prizes.
Any student who turns in proof of completing a summer learning program will earn a special reward and recognition on our summer learning bulletin board.