River Place Elementary Newsletter
RPE Strong --December 3, 2021
December is BUSY!! No more Run or Read until January.
Save the Dates!
- Tuesday, December 7 --Spelling Bee @ 8:30 for 3-5 grade students who advanced from classroom competitions
- Wednesday, December 8 -- Early release Wednesday (1:25 PM)
- Thursday, December 9 -- 3rd Grade World Cultures Performance for parents @ 8:15
- Thursday, December 16 -- Class Winter Party Day (schedule below)
- Friday, December 17 -- HALF DAY (release 11:40 AM)
Winter Parties: December 16!
- We are approaching the Winter Break and we are excited to have “normal” Winter Parties this year (as long as we continue to stay healthy and have minimal cases of COVID).
Parents will be allowed to attend Winter Parties, but they must check in with the receptionist (use the advance check-in form to speed up the check in process).
Parents may sign their child out for the day after the party if they choose to do so. Classroom teachers will have sign out sheets available in the classroom.
Thanks to all of our room parents for coordinating with our teachers to plan our Winter Parties!
Final week of December Dress Up Days:
The last week of school we hope to have some fun as a campus with school-wide dress up days! We invite our students & staff to participate:
Monday, Dec. 13: PJ's all Day Monday!
Tuesday, Dec. 14: Twinkle Tuesday (lights & sparkles highly encouraged)
Wednesday, Dec. 15: Warm & Cozy Wednesday (wear your warm socks!)
Thursday, Dec. 16: Let it Snow...Winter Party Day! (Snowflakes, White/Blue)
Friday, Dec. 17: Flannel Friday
Early Pick Up Reminders
Drop off reminders:
Help us keep everyone safe:
The road in front of our campus is ONE WAY in the mornings (and afternoons).
Traffic flow is from our entrance on River Place Blvd. towards Sitio Del Rio Blvd.
The car rider drop off line follows the traffic loop by the portables. Students may only be dropped off in the car rider drop off line on the SIDE of the building (students exit vehicle at sidewalk near MPR & K/1 hallway).
DO NOT DROP YOUR STUDENTS OFF IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL OR ALONG THE CURBS IN THE PARKING AREA.
If you wish to PARK and WALK YOUR CHILD TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE, you may do so. However, please respect the ONE WAY traffic flow when leaving.
Have you considered becoming a substitute?
RPE needs more substitute teachers. Find out how to become a substitute by clicking HERE!