What Are Connection Methods?
Connection methods are different ways in which that a device can be connected to by different devices or connect to other devices. There are a range of wired and wireless connection methods available, here are a few:
- Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity)
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Wireless Connection
- Cost is cheaper than wired when it comes to networks.
- Ideal for the non-reachable places such as across river or mountain or rural area.
- Ideal for temporary network setups.
- Lower speed compared to wired network. (of course!)
- Less secure because hacker's laptop can act as Access Point. If you connected to their laptop, they'll read all your information.
- More complex to configure than wired network.
- Affected by surrounding. E.g: walls (blocking), microwave oven (interference), far distance (attenuation)
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Wired Connections
- Faster speed compared to wireless network.
- More secure because hacker's laptop cannot act as Access Point.
- Less complex to configure.
- Not affected by surrounding.
- Implementation cost is more expensive than wired network.
- Cannot work for non-reachable places.
- Not ideal for temporary network setups.