One Body in Christ - November 14, 2022
You are all invited to the parish's Faith, Food and Fellowship this week. See the graphic below for more information. It is a great way to meet people from the parish and grow in community.
Our Thanksgiving Break begins next week with a 1:20 PM dismissal on Tuesday, November 22nd. We will have EDM until 6 PM that day. We return to school on Monday, November 28th to begin Advent.
Instead of a traditional open house in January, this year we will have a Community Night on Tuesday, November 29th from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm. During this evening, all of our parishioners, current families, and prospective parents are invited to visit our school, visit with our teachers, see displays of student work, and more. We hope to see you all there.
- We would like to have each parent complete this survey before Thanksgiving break: https://eprovesurveys.advanc-ed.org/surveys/#/action/206136/4179
- The tentative calendar for next year is at the end of this newsletter.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
The Week Ahead...
Wednesday, November 16th
- PS - K Prayer Service at 2:15 PM, hosted by Mrs. Zorman's class
- 2:50 PM Release - EDM until 6:00 PM
- One Body in Christ shirts
Thursday, November 17th
- School Mass at 8:45 AM; Mass hosted by 5W
Friday, November 18th
- Spiritwear for students and staff
- November 21st: School mass at 8:45 AM, 4R hosts
- November 22nd: Early Dismissal at 1:20 PM
November 23rd - 27th: Thanksgiving Break
- December 14th - K-4 Christmas Program
Future Events such as the mass schedule can be found here: https://saintsusannaschool.com/events?page=1
Veterans Day Program
Thank you to Dr. Krell and all of our students for a wonderful Veterans Day Program. The full program video is available below.
Mark Your Calendars!
Dress Code Reminders
A few gentle reminders about our dress code:
- Shorts are not allowed after fall break. Students may wear these again after Spring Break. Girls should wear plain black, white, or navy leggings under their uniform skirts.
- Uniform shirts are red monogrammed, light blue and white polos. Dark blue polo shirts (excluding the monogrammed middle school shirts) are not part of our dress code.
- As the weather turns colder, students may want to wear an additional layer. Acceptable additions to a uniform polo include:
- A navy or red cardigan or pullover sweater. These cannot have any designs or other colors.
- A navy or red pullover crew-neck sweatshirt. These may be plain or monogrammed through Avon Sports Apparel.
- A plain white short or long-sleeved undershirt.
- All students in K-8 must wear a belt with uniform pants. Uniform pants must have belt loops.
I have included our uniform policy summary at the bottom of this newsletter.
Safe Environment Training
The Archdiocese recently changed their safe environment training provider to Safe Parish, from the previous Safe and Sacred system. In the new system, all volunteers are monitored quarterly. As long as you have a previous background check, your background check will be monitored on an on-going basis and it will not expire after five years as it did in the previous system. All volunteers must be registered in the Safe Parish system before they can volunteer. Instructions for registering and training are in the newsletter each week (see below).
In order to volunteer in our school building during the day or attend field trips as a chaperone, you must have a current safe environment training on file with us. This requirement includes safe environment training and a basic background check through the Archdiocese. The training and background checks are good for five years from the time of completion.
To check your current expiration date, contact Mrs. Carson at email@example.com
To obtain a new training and background check:
- Go to the website www.archindysafeparish.org
- Create an account as this is a new system. Previously the Archdiocese used a system called "Safe and Sacred."
- You will need a passcode in order to create an account. The passcode is Archindy2021
- Complete the background check for school or parish VOLUNTEER and select Saint Susanna as a recipient of your information.
- Complete the training video and questions.
Please allow up to two weeks for this process to be completed.
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.