NATHAN ADAMS ARMADILLO NEWS
WELCOME TO WEEK 22
A PRIVATE SCHOOL EDUCATION @ A PUBLIC SCHOOL PRICE!
Our vision is to create an exceptional learning environment that produces remarkable students who are prepared to be successful and equipped to compete in a global society.
Our mission is to prepare all students to achieve the highest standard of intellectual, physical, and social growth.
Message from Principal Renaud
Greetings Nathan Adams Family,
As I walk the hallways, I always enjoy reading the bulletin boards and getting to know about all the exciting learning that is happening in your classes. I have seen everything from purposeful writing to meaningful math projects. Most boards are complete. I assure you that students, parents and visitors too stop and read the boards as they walk the school's hallways. With that said, thank you for your support to ensure that all grade levels have bulletin boards that are up to date with current student work and are well kept. Again, these boards reflect the things that we value at Nathan Adams.
In the last two weeks, as a staff, we have had the opportunity to look at student achievement data, review progress of the intervention plans, plan for Response to Intervention, and ensure that all resources are provided. We have a clear picture of what our students need to be successful academically. Let's draw from the strength and support of each other, and do everything possible to ensure that our students achieve their academic goals!
Finally it is our turn to host the WT White Feeder Pattern Principal Meeting this Friday from 11-5:00 pm in the library. We will be visiting classrooms in small groups and then discussing the outstanding instruction that was observed with the Executive Director and the Academic Facilitators.
Thank you all for your support and dedication to student success!
Nathan Adams Celebrates the Chinese New Year!
Father Daughter Dance
Friday, Feb. 12th, 5-7pm
12600 Welch Road
Just in time for Valentine's Day!
Music, Dancing, Snacks
Make some beautiful memories!
Pay your tickets in the front office or at the door
See Ms. Gibson in the office for more details
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
A Big Shout Out to Ms. Villarreal & Ms. Vallejo
Theses two teachers prepared a great place value workshop with our parents. It was very informative and the parents were able to use hands on manipulatives that were provided. This workshop helped parents to understand math as it is taught today to provide support to their children at home. More workshops are coming!
Thank You Ms. Villarreal & Ms. Vallejo for leading the learning!
This Week @ Nathan Adams
2 Grades per content submitted in Gradespeed
Lesson Plans Due
Monday, February 1
5th Grade Explore Walker Day
Tuesday, February 2
· Volleyball Practice 3:15-4:15
· After School Tutoring
· Chess Club
Wednesday, February 3
- Grade Level Leadership Team Meeting
· Art-rageous Club after school (postponed one week due to illness) 3:15 – 4:15
· Choir Club after school 3:15 – 4:15
Thursday, February 4
· 1st grade field trip to USA Film Festival
· Volleyball game at Caillet ES -3:30
· After School Tutoring
Friday, February 5
· Footy Factory Soccer Skills during all PE classes
- WT White Principals visit Nathan Adams from 11-5pm
Monday, February 8 –
· Traditional Lion Dance in celebration of
Chinese New Years 10:00
Tuesday, February 9
· Volleyball game at DeGolyer 3:30
· PTSA meeting 6:00 in the library
Thursday, February 11
· Volleyball game at Nathan Adams vs. Marcus – 3:30
Friday, February 12
· Nathan Adams Armadillo Ball-Father Daughter Dance
5:30-7:30 in the gym
Monday, February 15
· No School – President’s Day
Tuesday, February 23
· Kinder Round Up – 9:00 in the auditorium
Thursday, February 25
· SBDM – 5:30 in the library
Why Breakfast is Important to Armadillos.......
We are excited to announce that we reached our goal of 95% with the participation rate with Breakfast in the Classroom! Research confirms that breakfast is the most important meal of the day for children’s health, academic achievement, cognitive development and mental health. Unfortunately, many children regularly skip breakfast each morning, depriving them of the important benefits associated with the morning meal.
In the school setting, children who struggle with hunger face:
- Lack of concentration
- Slower recall
- Difficulty paying attention
- Diminished academic performance
- Emotional and behavioral difficulties
- Issues with aggression and anxiousness
- Difficulty getting along with other kids
- Increased illness, with a longer recovery time, leading to increased absence and tardiness