The Integumentary System
And its functions
- Protects the body's internal living tissue and organs
- Protects against invasion by infectious organisms
- Protects the body from dehydration
- Protects the body against abrupt changes in temperature
- Helps dispose of waste material
- Stores water and fat
Parts of the Integumentary System
What are the parts ?
The Dermis or the lower layer.
The Subcutaneous tissue or connective tissue that is made up of mainly blood vessels and cells.
The hairs job is to keep the dust and other unwanted objects out.
Nails also keep unwanted things out of your body and form hard nail roots.