Prestwick STEM Academy
Prestwick Pride Community- Vol. 7
Spotlight on Core Values
Teachers and students look forward to special activities with you. Please check Tuesday folders to grant permission for your child to be signed out by their grandparent after class visits if you wish.
4th and 5th grade chrome book deployment- Wed. Sept. 9th
Chromebook Deployment for 4th & 5th grade students will be the week of September 8th-11th. Students who have paid for the Device Protection Plan ($40) will be issued Chromebooks during the school day. The dates for elementary deployment are:
Wednesday, Sept. 9th - PSA 4th & 5th (during Science class)
Students who have not paid for the Device Protection Plan by the time their campus deploys will receive their devices once the fee has been paid. For To pay for the Device Protection Plan, click here. You can create a new account by using My School Bucks, or, if you already have an account with My School Bucks for lunch, you may pay using that same account. Students may also bring cash or check to pay on campus. If you have questions please call Technology Services at 972-947-9340 ext.10800 or our front office @ 972-947-9450.
We appreciate all of you and thank you for your cooperation!
* A letter summarizing this same information will be sent home in Tuesday email this week as well.
Rachel's Challenge Ceremonies
After ceremonies students were allowed to reflect and make personal commitment to accept Rachel's challenge. Signatures on our banner document their commitment. Feel free to ask your child about their part in our chain reaction.
For additional information about Rachel's challenge you can visit their website:
Important upcoming dates
Please also make sure to check your learners Tuesday folder in grades K-3 and 4-8 electronic flyers sent to .
1. WIN (Working Intelligence Network) Parent Meeting- Sept. 9th @ 5:30 pm at Zellars Center for Learning and Leadership
2. Progress Reports #1- All grades K-8 are on 9 week grading periods. Learners will receive progress reports near the 3rd and 6th week of the grading cycle and one report card at the end. The first progress reports will come home on Sept. 15th.
3. PTA Meeting- Sept. 15th @ 6:30 pm. Please look for reminders in the Tuesday folder. We hope you will be able to attend. Membership is $10 per member and there is not greater organization to join. Our presentation will be targeted for parents about internet safety for students and Edmodo helpful hints. Please join us!
4. Destination Imagination Information Meeting- Sept. 28th, 6:00 pm at Zellars Center for Learning and Leadership.https://www.smore.com/kqg77.
Jostens RepayIt is a social media site specific for yearbook purposes. Pictures of Prestwick STEM Academy student and activities can be uploaded to our ReplayIt site. Our hope is to have the Prestwick
community share memories of our students that we are not able to capture at school. You can start using ReplayIt by downloading the free app on your phone or by going to www.replayit.com. If you have
any questions please contact our yearbook advisor Daisy Castilleja at firstname.lastname@example.org.