Starting off the new year on the right foot!
If you're like me, a "year" = a school year. So August = a new year and May/June = end of the year. Am I the only one that does that? However, the rest of the world uses a calendar to determine a new year. I mean, can you believe it is actually 2016 already?? During this time of year, we tend to reflect on what we want to improve upon in the new year. It seems that resolutions mostly revolve around our personal lives. If you would, take a moment to reflect upon what 2nd semester holds in store for you at school. What do YOU want to see happen this semester? For your students? For yourself as a learner? As a colleague? As a role model? Whatever it is, how do you plan on accomplishing that goal? Sometimes we are so focused on a goal or the endless to-do list, that we forget to simply have fun. We forget how to enjoy our jobs. We miss the opportunities to find joy in the simple things. We are bombarded with frustrating stories on the news about what schools are not doing or what scores have dropped...sometimes it is so hard to remember the fun parts! What is the point of working if you can't enjoy it? I saw the cute calendar below on Facebook and thought I would share it with you. Who couldn't use a little more happiness in their day? Thanks for all you do and will continue to do for our students in the new year- each and every one of them.
In The Know...
- 1/11: SST's
- 1/13: ER: AdvancEd - last time we'll meet together before the visit
- 1/14: after school- Problem Solving workshop rm 14 for anyone interested
- 1/26 & 27: AdvancEd Visit
Welcome to our newest instructional assistant, a familiar face, Libby Duke! Libby will be working with Kathryn Sullivan and her team replacing Amanda Pereda who secured a full-time teaching position.
A Big Superstar goes to...
- all of our MG Presenters from the PD Day on Tuesday: Paige, Alison, Allison, Shaun, Carrie, Stacey, Betsy, Laura, Melissa G., Angela W. - Way to represent!!
- Allison and Shaun who worked hard to prepare presentations and due to miscalculation didn't get to present.
- Kathy Helderman, Lisa F., Janis, Angela, Andrea, and Lisa B. for sticking with a difficult situation! Your patience and love for ALL children means so much.
- Kristina Peters and Lisa Porat for volunteering in the office this week as Debbie is recuperating.
- Don't forget, you can nominate a colleague for Superstar recognition in the Friday Focus, or you can share good news so that we can share in your joy as well!