February 18th Pony News
Building a Brighter Future!
KNOWING OUR NEW CREW
Kristin Frazier Kindergarden Teacher
Hello Pony Family. I am so happy to be a part of the Lewisville Elementary School family.
I have been teaching for 8 years now. I graduated from the University of North Texas in 2008 with my teaching certificate and a bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies. Right out of college I was a substitute for Grapevine/Colleyville and Northwest ISDs. I then took a big step and moved to Hot Springs, North Carolina were I was a whitewater raft guide for 10 years. I was then an assistant to a combinations 1st/2nd grade class in Woodfin, NC. In 2011 I moved to Macon, Georgia where I taught for four years. In 2015 I decided to move back home, to Grapevine. I taught Kindergarten at Coyote Ridge for 2 years, last year I was in DeSoto and I was privileged enough to get an interview with LVES this summer and accepted my Kindergarten position.
I come from a large family. I have 2 brothers and a sister. My older brother is also a teacher, he works at Richardson High, his wife is an ITF here in central zone. My sister works for Tuesday Morning and younger brother is still figuring out where he belongs.
I have 2 fur children, Mr. Wobbles and Roxy, they are both long haired cats. Mr. Wobbles does in fact walk with a wobble, he is my tuxedo cat. Roxy is very active and loves to hunt, she has killed several snakes, mice, birds, lizards, voles and the occasional cricket, she is the tortoise shell one. I have a lot of lint rollers all over my home and car to try to have as little fur on my clothes as possible. I am also dating an awesome guy who has a persian cat named Napoleon. I love being outside, going for hikes, swimming and rafting. Not a huge fan of the cold, so I have never been skiing but I hope to in the near future.
Take Every Opportunity to Make a Difference
Staff Learning Wednesday February 20th
When: February 20th
Time: 3:20 to 4:20
- 2nd Grade team brings snack
- Staff Celebrations: Staff and teacher of the month and and ohh Aww
- Dr. Bonner information about Mill Street
- Mrs. Hernandez with the BrightBytes survey
*** Notice that due to time we will not be having reading and math rotations.
Team Leader Meeting
- Team Leader meeting 7:40 to 8:40
- Click here to see agenda and coverage
What is our data telling us?
Time for Progress Reports
Here's what we need to know...
- The second 3-weeks ended on Friday, Feb.15
- The Progress Report Window for the second 3-weeks closes Tuesday at Midnight- Tuesday, Feb. 19.
- Ms. Snell will print Progress Reports on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and put in mailboxes.
- Progress Reports are sent home on Thursday, Feb. 21st.
- For additional information related to grading please read the LISD Grading Guidelines.
Our Pony Week
Monday, February 18th:
- Michael Colón Valedón BD
Tuesday, February 19th:
- TEKS & ELPS Collab. 2nd, 5th, 1st
- 4th grade writing intervention plan developed. ** Please have plans for your sub
- 7:30 to 9:30 (2 hours) Kilam, Bernal, Frosch, Scott at Mrs. Valdes Office
- 9:30 to 11:30 (2 hours) Vowell, Gray, Fredrick
- Science LF
- TELPAS calibration makeup After Tutoring.
- Dual Language Principal mtg off Campus
- Progress Report Window for the second 3-weeks closes Tuesday at Midnight- Tuesday, Feb. 19.
Wednesday, February 20th:
- Dress for Success
- Staff Learning 3:15 - 4:30
- TELPAS PRACTICE
- Team Leader meeting 7:20 to 8:30
Thursday, February 21st
- PTA + Program: 4th & 5th Grade Choir/Black History Month Celebration
- McDonald's Night
- TELPAS 2ND WRITING SAMPLE DUE: (MATH)
- TELPAS PRACTICE
Friday, February 22nd:
- Spirit Day
Important Days Coming Up
- February 25th: TELPAS window open 2/25 - 4/5
- February 28th: TELPAS 3RD WRITING SAMPLE DUE (PAST EXPERIENCE) . K-1ST WRITING SAMPLE DUE Family Engagement Night 5:30 to 6:30 (ACE Program)
- Frosch for being so patient, calm, and consistent with his class. He greets his class every morning no matter what ;)
- All staff and admin for making our Counselor week so special! We appreciate YOU!!!
- Mrs. Carlson and Mrs. Crawley for getting my room ready for a sub!
- Mrs. Carlson for going above and beyond in my time of need.
- To Anderson, Troyer, Kilam, Gray/Varona, Helbig, Boston/Hernandez, Lombardi for always being flexible and willing to help to better serve our students with Dyslexia. You are appreciated!!!
- Ms. Medford, Mrs. Morales, Mrs. Rowland, Mrs. Blake, Mrs. Arocha, Mrs. Simpson for helping in the cafeteria during 5th grade data meeting. Also to Mrs. Hernandez for setting up technology.
- Ms. Dickinson, Ms. Ratzlaff, Ms. Morales, Ms. Hernadez, Ms. Morales, Ms. Medrano and Mr. Reed for the AMAZING job working with all grade levels during the PLC/TELPAS calibration on Tuesday. We couldn't survive without your hard work! THANK YOU!!
- Mrs. Hernandez, our incredible librarian, for cutting six big red hearts for a lesson I was preparing. You rock!!
- Ms.Kilam for always embracing all school initiatives with her classroom and getting her WHOLE class on board for the Great Kindness Challenge!
- Mrs. Varona for getting back 11 out of 12 letters sent to parents inviting their child to participate in Saturday writing tutoring. Way to go Mrs. Varona!!
- Ms Butler, Ms Frederick, Ms Heim, Ms Silvia, Ms McNamara, Mr Fitzgerald, Ms Hayes, and Coach Green for volunteering their Friday night to help at the family jump rope night. It would not have been a success without you, thank you so much!!! (Ms Kilam volunteered but wasn't feeling well so she needed to go home, thanks for signing up to help).
- Ms Vando and the PTA for helping with sign in sheets and having concessions available for the family jump rope night. You are appreciated!
- Thank you to Mr Thomas for being a great team leader and advocate for the specials team!
- Mr. Colon, Mr. Anderson, Mr. Ledesma, Mr. Berg and Mrs. Troyer for being amazing team players and do what is best for kids.
- Mrs. Boston for showing how much she loves her students.
- Ms. Becker, Ms. Franco and Mrs. Simpson for their help on Friday during a difficult situation.
- The entire 2nd grade team for helping each other and do what is best for kids.
- Mrs. Silvia and Mrs. Frazier for always going above and beyond with data collection!
- Ms. Dickinson for the amazing home cooked lunch!
- Ms. Ramage for the new systems she's putting in place for attendance.
- Office Staff for stepping in and stepping up all the time!
- Ms. Snell for always being available and willing to answer a call.
- Coach W. and Coach Green for an awesome jumprope event! Our families had a great time!
- Ms. Musser, Mrs. Morales, Ms. Diaz, and Mrs. Helbig for always stepping in and helping with car dismissal! /
- Both he 1st and 5th grade teams for working together to put the needs of our students first and being willing help out to ensure they receive the best learning possible.
- Mrs. Salazar for all of your help figuring out a student situation.