BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 32: 3/29 - 4/2
Dear Buena Vista Families
We are excited to have most of our students back to in-person school. Thanks to all our families for following the reopening guidance including the "Can my child go to school today" flyer. The flyer is still included in this weekly newsletter.
This newsletter also includes:
- Information on Parent/Teacher Conference right after Spring break.
- Drop off and Pick up procedures
- Our fifth recorded music lesson for 3rd to 6th grade.
- YMCA information. Room for five additional students.
- Visitors are not allowed on campus.
UPCOMING EVENTS -
Be informed: Spring Break and Parent Conferences
- 4/5 - 4/9: Monday - Friday- Spring Break. No School.
- 4/12 - 4/13 : Monday and Tuesday: Parent/Teacher conference days
- Students will sign-in on Zoom at 8:00am with their teacher to receive directions for the day. -- - - Students will work independently at home while their parents and teachers conference based on prior scheduled time.
- 4/15: Wednesday - Regular Wednesday Schedule: 8:00 am -10:30 am.
- 4/15 - 4/16 Students return to AM/PM Schedule
- 5/4 - 5/7 TK/K Registration
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #5: FOR 3RD - 6TH GRADE STUDENTS
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEURES
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am.
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones.
- Do not get down from your vehicle. Students will walk to your car.
- Have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below.
- Bus riders will exit gate across from library or the bike gate.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks for in person
- School bus will be available as usual for students who need busing.
- See the attached flyer for the AM/PM schedule.
FREE ONLINE CLASSES FOR THE FAMILY
How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Mask
SPRING BREAK MESSAGE
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- RESPONSIBLE- Stay on task, follow directions, complete all assignments, take care of personal belongings etc.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- There is a difference between "Not Knowing" and "Not Knowing YET"
- Feedback is a gift.
6TH GRADE FAMILIES: PERMISSION FOR YOUR CHILD TO TAKE THE CALIFORNIA HEALTHY KIDS SURVEY
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.