Egg Harbor Township High School
Week of September 8, 2021
A Message From Our Principal
It has been great to have our students back in the building. Our students are wearing masks and continue to practice social distancing and our teachers are enjoying a classroom environment for education. All desks and cafeteria tables are equipped with shields and no more than 4 to a table. Tables have been extended in several areas close to the cafeteria, so there are several options for students, it just takes some time to settle in. There is more than enough seating for all students during each lunch period. The first lunch is mostly freshman and sophomores who need time to adjust each year, and they do. Students also can go outside in designated areas as long as they get to the next class on time.
Just a reminder that the front parking lot is for our seniors who have been assigned parking spaces. During student drop off time, no parent should be driving in the student lot to avoid waiting in the line. It does become dangerous and we want to protect our students. If you have a special concern please notify an assistant principal and we will certainly try to work something out for you and your child.
Next week class assemblies will begin and the administration will be sharing our expectations with the students. Parents, please make sure you check out our student handbook on the High School web page and go over it with your child, especially the dress code and code of conduct. Both will be emphasized during the assemblies and students will be held to it.
We have had an exciting start to the year. All fall athletics have opened their season and our band's first competition is at home this Saturday, September 11, 2021. Teams are off to a great start, see the athletic calendar for your favorite sport to watch!
Our 3 PM buses start on September 20 so activities will begin meeting after school. Any student thinking of a club or activity should look into it now and attend the meetings.
Also on September 20 is back to school night which will be held virtually. It will begin at 6:30 PM. I will be communicating with parents next week so they are ready to go with the live steam welcome and google classroom meets with teachers. Teachers are informing students to join their google classroom so it is ready for the parents.
Until next week, have a beautiful weekend! Stay safe, be well, continue to dream of the possibilities ahead of us, be happy and smile at someone!
CLIMATE AND CULTURE
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT & RESOURCES
As time passes, it can become difficult staying at home day in and day out. Some days may be easier than others in dealing with this national pandemic amongst other issues. Please know that our guidance counselors, social workers, student assistance counselors, school nurses, and our High School Teen Center serve as available resources daily to assist with any concerns, fears, and/or anxieties. Our district website and school websites provide contact information or call 646-7911 x 1001.
Student resource card (Spanish/English)
Student Assistance Program and Resources
New Jersey Hope & Healing Calendar of Events
Grades 9 & 10
Grades 11 & 12
Join Together Atlantic County
In an effort to raise information and awareness about the use of opiates and it's potential consequences among athletes, Join Together Atlantic County (JTAC) has developed a series of informational videos for students, parents, educators and coaches. Please take a few moments to review this important information below:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT
September 16 - SCHOOL CLOSED (Yom Kippur)
September 20 - Back to School Night (Virtual) 6:30pm
September 20 - 9th Grade School PhotosSeptember 21 - 10th Grade School Photos
September 22 - 11 Grade School Photos
September 23 & 24 - Make up photos
October 1 - Staff Professional Development Day (1/2 day students only)
October 11 - SCHOOL CLOSED (Columbus Day)
October 20 - 8th Grade Open House
October 23 - Homecoming Dance
October 30 - Halloween Carnival
ONE STOP SHOPPING FOR EHT ED TECH
MORE SELF HELP VIDEOS...
- USE OF GOOGLE CALENDAR to BOOK APPTS. w/ STAFF: Students can book one-on-one appointments with counselors, CST/YST members, or even their classroom teachers. Here is a brief tutorial on how to book appointments in Google Calendar with staff appointment slots: https://youtu.be/-SJFfya0WGo
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM: VIDEO RESOURCE: Need help joining your Google Classroom? This video explains how to find your EHT School District Google Classroom codes and how to add or "join" an active Google Classroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzvUOJKkh3k&feature=youtu.be
- GOOGLE MEET & GOOGLE CLASSROOM: For students looking to join their class for a live Google Meet session, this is a step by step of video of how to lactate and join the Meet from Google Classroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=i6lgBOh1YpU&feature=youtu.be
- ACCESSING STUDENT EMAIL (GRADES 6-12): Egg Harbor Township School District now offers an internal email address for students in grades 6-12. This video will demonstrate how to access student email from the district website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVutLPNRs9I&feature=youtu.be
- BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS FOR REMOTE LEARNING: This video offers some basic troubleshooting tips for those using a Chromebook or their own device in the virtual environment: http://mvnt.us/m1154434
- GOOGLE RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS: Google for Education has a resource for parents/guardians to learn and navigate the Google Tools. Take a look at this pdf and click on the embedded links for tutorials and more: http://mvnt.us/m1112980
EHT PARENT PORTAL ACCOUNT SET-UP
- Do you need an EHT Parent Portal account?
- Do you have access to log-in?
- Not sure how to request a Parent Portal account?
Follow the easy steps outlined in this video. Check out this short video to learn how to request an account. https://youtu.be/bL1Qqs8sNm4