Parent Newsletter - August 19th, 2019
2019-2020 Preschool Orientation
Wednesday, Aug. 21st, 9:15am
199 6th Street
Come join us for a 30 minute presentation filled with important information on the upcoming school year. Children are welcome, however the classrooms will not be accessible. Time for classroom tours has yet to be determined, stay posted!
- For our school-day only students, you will look in the immunizations icon to see what forms, if any, are outstanding or if your child is still due for any immunizations which are required for entry in preschool.
- For our extended day care families, after completing the above step, to verify day care scheduling, go to the schedule icon and view which times and days your child has been signed up for.
- For ALL families, please plan on bringing all outstanding forms to orientation or sooner.
From this parent portal you have access to many tools so please root around once you've completed the verification process. Please notify us immediately with questions or to report inaccuracies in scheduling.
PLEASE NOTE: Only extended day care schedules are imported into Procare, not preschool classroom times.
- AM II and PM I sessions are now full.
- PM II session is full on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Consent Forms Due!
- All Crown Families that submitted applications for Extended Day Care should have received a verification email. Please make sure you have submitted a Behavior & Medical Form, which is mandatory for Extended Day Care on the first day of school. We will try and notify families this week and next if we are missing one for your child.
- If you have submitted your enrollment paperwork but haven't yet applied for Extended Day Care, we still have spots available. Please submit an application and consent form as soon as possible. Please note that only those with completed enrollment packages will be considered and those needing full-time Ext-Day Care will be given preference.
- All Preschool deposits made during enrollment will be applied towards the prorated August tuition so if you are preschool-day only, you will not receive an invoice until Sept. 1.
- Extended Day Care will be billed a prorated amount on the first day of school and is due before Sept. 1.
We made several improvements to the Parent Portal section where now you can access absence request forms, extended day care applications, the weekly newsletter and lunch program info.
If you have any suggestions, we're always listening!
News for the New School Year
It's Lunch Time
Listen, Learn, Play!
Auto-Pay with Tuition Express
We wanted to extend an invitation to sign up for automatic payments through Tuition Express. This would apply to both tuition and extended care fees. Please click on the Tuition Express Icon to download the document and scan/email it back or hand it in to our office.
Payments are generally drafted on or around the 1st of every month. Any change to this will be noted.
If you currently have a Tuition Express Account on file with us, you will need to fill out a new application or provide us with permission to continue using your current form of payment. PLEASE NOTE: You will not be automatically re-enrolled in automatic payments without consent or a new form.
How You Will Hear From CUSD this Year: An Infographic from the District
Crown Preschool will send out Smore newsletters via text/email, as often as necessary, for information on school events and updates. We are looking at the Intouch system for urgent matters, however we will continue to make phones calls, send emails/text message to our families to notify them in emergency situations. Our website should have current information as well, including our current newsletter if you are unable to receive it in text/email, so don't forget to check there!
Annual Check-Ups during the school year?
PLEASE NOTE- Preschool requirements are as follows:
- If an exam has been preformed within one year of our preschool start date, anytime between August 22, 2018 and August 22, 2019, you are up to date.
- Current immunization requirements can be found online and any students who have not completed their full series of shots must have a signed doctor's exemption or explanation of delay.
STATE FUNDED PRESCHOOL
All eligible families will be asked to provide proof of income and upon acceptance, all deposits will be refunded. This process happens very fast as documentation of earnings are time sensitive so please make sure you have all required information before proceeding. Please contact us with additional questions.
Please refer to the tabs below for the income ceilings and qualifications.
Schedule of Income Ceilings for Fiscal School Year 2019-2020 Child Care and Development Programs
Explanation of qualifications, after income ceiling criteria is met, and list of application requirements.
Rising TK/K-er? - Transferring your Procare Account
Email Us For...
Please provide at least 24-48 hours advanced notice and wait for approval before proceeding. If a requests is made within 24hrs you must notify the office directly at (619) 522-6087 between the hours of 8am and 12pm. After that time, please notify the department emergency cell at (619) 972-5561.
Lisa Alonso, MS
Director of Preschool & Child Care Services
Coronado Unified School District
Office Assistant II