Principal's Weekly Newsletter
August 29, 2019
The best way to help with improving academic performance is to be involved. The Eastin SSC will hold it’s first meeting on September 18th at 3:30 pm and the Eastin ELAC will hold its first meeting on September 18th at 4:30 pm.
We are seeking nominations for positions on SSC / ELAC for the 2019-2020 school year. If you would like to nominate someone (ask them first of course) or nominate yourself, we have two possible options. You may complete the form below and return it to the Eastin Elementary school office by Thursday, September 5th, 2019. You may also nominate via our Google Form. Elections for all positions will be held on September 11, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Principal Teresa Malone or Principal Mary Rodriguez at 510-475-9630.
Q Parent Connect - Customize your Communication
Q Parent Connection is a Web portal for parents (and other student contacts) of New Haven Unified School District students. At Parent Connection, parents can view information about their student(s), including school and class news, demographics, contacts, schedule, attendance, testing, behavior, activities, and health. Parents can also sign up for email notifications of select information. Please use the links below to get started using Q Parent Connection and learn more about Parent Connection information options and settings.
You want to make sure you contact information is correct and up to date so you receive all the important communication we send out.
Back to School Night
Wednesday, Sep. 11th, 6-7:30pm
Delaine Eastin Elementary School, Eastin Drive, Union City, CA, USA
Kinder, Transitional Kinder, Special Day Class, First Grade | 6:00 - 6:30
Second Grade, Third Grade | 6:30 - 7:00
Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade | 7:00 - 7:30
Don't forget to stop into the MPR for our Book Fair!
Donations - Donations - Donations
- Large computer monitor - 27 inches or larger
- Golf Umbrellas
- Bull Horn
The free/reduced price meal program affects school funding, internet access, college application fees, bus passes, testing fees and the price of a meal. Our goal is to have 100% of our families complete the form, even if your child doesn't qualify!
DROP OFF and PICK UP - Keeping Kids Safe
- PLAN, PLAN, PLAN - Drop off and pick up can be a time consuming process. Plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time.
- Drop off and pick up without leaving your car by pulling up to the curb in the parking lot. Please pull as far forward as possible. DO NOT leave your car, this location is only for students to exit and enter the car on their own.
- Park your car to walk your child to and from the main doors of campus. Please use unmarked parking spots and utilize cross walks. Look for cars moving and actively teach your child parking lot safety. DO NOT park in a location that blocks other vehicles from moving such as behind a parked car.
- Walking is a great option. Make sure to use cross walks and actively teach your child cross walk safety.
- Follow the arrows so traffic flows correctly.
- Be mindful of cones and do not enter areas of the parking lot that are blocked off with cones.
- DO NOT drop your child off on Rocklin Drive. This is dangerous and unsafe. Have patience and pull into the parking lot for drop off. The safety of your child is worth it.
- Doors open at 7:30 for students who are purchasing breakfast and 7:45 for the rest of the school. The Kindergarten Yard opens at 7:45. Students need to be at school in time to be in class at 8:00 am - think of school as starting at 7:55 so they have time to line up.
Eastin's Public Calendar
Use this link to view our Eastin Community Calendar via Google. You can add this calendar to your calendar's in Google for convenience.
If you don't use Google, you can also access the website calendar here. We are still working on ensuring both calendars are up to date. Please be patient - it's only day 1!
Minimum Days for the Entire Year
8/19/2019 - 9/20/2019 | Release at 11:20 am
For 1st - 5th Grade
9/18/2019 | Release at 12:05
For TK - 5th Grade | Release at 12:05