Oak Hill Observer
December 2, 2022
Your Proud Principal,
- December 22 - January 9: Winter Holiday
- January 9: Staff Development Day
- January 10: First Day of 2nd Semester
- January 16: MLK Jr. Holiday- NO SCHOOL
- January 22: Family Fun Event @ Madrone's 11am-2pm
- January 23: CAC Meeting 3:30pm
February 15-16: Parent Teacher Conference Evenings
- February 17: Early Release Day
- February 20: School Holiday
Healthy Food Over Winter Break
With many Austin ISD students living in food-insecure households, access to healthy food may be challenging when the district is closed. Families can use the community resources below to find free meals in their area while Austin ISD offices and schools are closed for the winter break:
Texas Health and Human Services - Call 2-1-1 or (877) 541-7905 to speak to a live operator.
El acceso a los alimentos puede resultar difícil para muchas familias cuando el distrito cierra. Las familias pueden usar los recursos de la comunidad para encontrar comidas gratis en su área, mientras que las escuelas de Austin ISD están cerradas por las vacaciones de invierno:
Salud y Servicios Humanos de Texas - Llame al 2-1-1 o al (877) 541-7905 para hablar con un operador
Friday Assembly Reminders
We had good attendance at assembly on this morning. A couple reminders:
- Due to space, participation is limited to the first 50 parents to sign up.
- Parents need to sign up HERE by noon the Thursday before.
- Once the form reaches 50 people, it will no longer accept responses.
- The next 3 Fridays are listed for now and we will add additional dates for the spring semester.
- Parents must enter the building through the front door only AT ALL TIMES.
- We ask that each parent that is attending sign up and assembly is limited to PARENTS only at this time.
- Please make sure you are able to attend if you sign up so as not to take that spot from someone else.
- Parents can only stand in the back of the assembly due to space concerns. Please do not sit in the line with your child.
If you are able to sign up, the office will pre-print a badge for you and you can pick it up on the front porch beginning at 7:20. If you have not been on campus this year, you will need to check in at the main office with your ID before assembly to get your badge.
We will continue to add dates to this form, so you can use the same link (above) to sign up for future dates. Thank you for following the rules of the campus to make sure things run smoothly and everyone stays safe. We appreciate you!
The mornings are getting cooler and I wanted to send out the AISD weather guidelines. We do have morning recess outside, unless it is not raining and we adhere to the guidelines. Please make sure your child dresses accordingly.
Middle School Information Page
Hi 5th grade families!
This will be a one stop shop for all middle school information. We will update it as we receive new information from middle schools, so keep checking back periodically. Middle School Information 2022-2023
-Mrs. Weber & Mrs. Rosales
December Pie Drive
Please look out for a sign-up genius coming early December asking for donations for store bought pies to be distributed to staff to enjoy during the holidays. This is coming back by popular demand as it was a favorite staff event in the past. Please bring the pie(s) to the front office between December 19-20th and the PTA will help distribute out to staff on the morning of December 21st. Show our amazing staff some love by donating a yummy holiday pie!!!
5th Grade Yearbook Ads
Don't miss out on recognizing your special 5th Grader - Ads must be submitted by DECEMBER 31st!
Don’t Pay the “Clean Plate Club” Dues
Cook Healthy Holiday Treats for Your Family
Do not throw out your favorite holiday recipes. Try some of these healthy holiday cooking ideas from the CATCH Program:
• Avoid cooking with trans fats, “hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils. Check the Nutrition Facts Panel to find out what kind of fat is in the food you buy.
• Switch and cook with vegetable oils and/or trans fat-free margarines.
• Use fruit purees or yogurt instead of butter and other spreads.
Remember, even small changes you make to cut down on unhealthy WHOA foods will help improve the health of you and your family.
Oak Hill Bond Information
Click on the photo above to see this information in a larger format.
With the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year, students, staff and visitors are not required to wear face masks when on school properties, unless they have tested positive for COVID-19. Note: Per CDC guidance, individuals with a positive COVID-19 result will be required to wear a mask for five days after returning from quarantine/isolation.
- Masks are not required, but are encouraged at any time of the school day or in any school space.
- Masks are optional at all times.Face masks will continue to be provided for any student, staff, or visitor upon request.
All students, staff, and visitors will be allowed to make their own choice.
Close Contact and Contact Tracing
Campus administrators will notify all families of positive cases on the campus using a standard notification letter. Individual classroom letters will not be sent home.
With masking now being optional, all students and staff at the campus may be considered close contacts when there is a positive case identified.
Campus Administrators will not be required to track close contacts.
Any asymptomatic individual (except those who have tested positive) may remain at school as long as they are asymptomatic.
Testing sites are located at specified district sites and can be found on the COVID-19 district webpage.
All sites will accept insurance, medicaid, and self-pay.
Site will be updated whenever vaccines are available.
Oak Hill Elementary
Location: 6101 Patton Ranch Road, Austin, TX, USA