Red Ribbon Week 2016
You Lonely Live Once...Make Healthy Choices
Red Ribbon Week is Celebrated October 24-28, 2016
Agenda for the Week:
- Monday 24th: Live Like a Star--dress for the Red Carpet and for your Picture
- Tuesday 25th: Live Like its 1999--dress in your favorite decade
- Wednesday 26th: Tell Drugs to Take a Hike--dress like you're going camping
- Thursday 27th: Live in the Future--dress in a career outfit
- Friday 28th: Live Like You're Favorite Character--dress like a children's book character
Benson Elementary School Celebrates Red Ribbon Week
Today, the Red Ribbon serves as a catalyst to mobilize communities to educate youth and encourage participation in drug prevention activities. At BES, we collaboratively support our students in making safe, smart choices in their academic, social/personal, and future-minded development.
"The Red Ribbon Campaign® was started when drug traffickers in Mexico City murdered DEA agent Kiki Camarena in 1985. This began the continuing tradition of displaying Red Ribbons as a symbol of intolerance towards the use of drugs. The mission of the Red Ribbon Campaign® is to present a unified and visible commitment towards the creation of a DRUG - FREE AMERICA" (2015 National Family Partnership)
Our students' and children's good choice-making impacts their social, as well as their physical health and development. Take a look at this great video (below) encouraging our children to choose to be up-standers rather than bystanders when it comes to increasing kind behaviors.
"Be an Upstander" - video by The NED Show
Teacher Lesson Ideas...
A Pep Talk from Kid President to You