From MOOC to Implementation!
Where learning and growing are inseparable!
We Appreciate Your Earnest Participation!
We really feel like we have grown to know you and your passion for doing what is good for students.
It seems we hit the "pot of gold" by reaching out to our educators for content.
You will see the list of newly published courses below. Looking forward to a new round to share with you next month as well!
Thank you for all you do to support Edupaths!!
The EduPaths Team
March is Busy Conference Month
We will be presenting at MACUL, and will be promoting our EduPaths MOOC. A MOOC is a "Massive Open Online Course/Content." Based on the number of facilitators, we will be able to recruit 125 users to participate around the state. Planners for the MOOC are currently getting that work organized. More information will be available on Friday, March 10 @ our Ambassador meeting.
Ambassador Information & Friendly Reminders
- Be sure to update your Ambassador Logs and keep them current as you participate in presentations or trainings for EduPaths.
- Diane will be following up with Addendums to your Ambassador contracts with language including work you do for the project through subcommittees. They are going through final review and will be coming to you soon.
- Here is the list of subcommittees. We will be taking time at our Ambassador meeting to connect with our groups.
Resources always available to you. Let us know if you need resource updates!
- Ambassador Google folder - Sample Presentations, Conference RFP & Flyers
- SWIVL How-Tos for collecting stories from the field
- The updated list is courses for SCECHs
- Our updated list of External link courses/resources
- Let us know if you need SWAG - we would love to send some your way for events where you highlight EduPaths
Let us know if you have questions or would like more information on anything EduPaths related. Happy to help!
New Courses Just Published & Others in the Pipeline
- Homeless Education
- Movement and Talking in the ELA Classroom
- Introduction to Screencasting
- Interactive Technology in the Classroom: ThingLink
- An Introduction to Project-Based Learning
- Improving Leadership with GAFE
- Influencing Student Engagement and Motivation in a PBL Classroom
- Introduction to Flipped Instruction
- Introduction to Comprehension
- Screencasting to Support Student Learning
- Sound Boxes to Help Your Students to Improve Their Reading and Writing
- Flip It! - Engaged Professional Learning
- Classroom Management Strategies/Interactions/Techniques
- Missed Manners: Grace and Courtesy for Young Children
- Teaching Elementary Music in One Hour Per Week
- Discovering the Para-educator Professional Development Standards
- Introduction to Standards Based Grading Practices (Secondary)
Courses in Development (published late March/early April):
- Integrating STEM into Science Using a Variety of Growing Medium
- MI Excel Coaching: Using Data to Support Instruction
- Writing Conferences: Purposeful Feedback
- Total Participation Techniques Using Technology
- Assessment/Technology in Physical Education
- Building a Bridge of Communication with Families in an Elementary Classroom
- Beginning Writers
- Co-Teaching in the Inclusive Setting
- Flipped Instruction in a Blended Lower Elementary Classroom
- Digital Badges Primer for Out-of-School Time Staff
- Begin to Blend: Designing Blended Lessons for the Classroom
- Using Scaffolding to Assist Young Students with Research Through Project Based Learning
Our complete list of courses - those mentioned above and those yet to be developed - are included in this Google Doc. Feel free to use as is most useful for you.
There was a request for course publish dates. We have been able to extract that information from a few sources. Here is our complete list to date. DATES PUBLISHED