The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 11/10/2019
Dr. Fowlin engages our Generals on being their authentic selves! Very powerful!
Working together to recognize the ways we are labeled and how we can Be the Change!
Mrs. Good dresses the part while 7th and 8th graders mix it up at lunch in an effort to meet new people!
Governor's Educator of the Year
Save the Date!
Upcoming PTO Events and Information
- Please join us on Monday, November 18th at 6:30pm for a College Planning Seminar, followed by our next PTO meeting at 7:00pm in the STEAM Center. College Planning Seminar details: http://bit.ly/2PiHHYf
- Please see the DDE PTO Volunteer Form here: http://bit.ly/35Y2ki5
- Questions? Want to get involved? Please email email@example.com
- Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/278485415495285/
Don't Delay! Buy Your Yearbook Today!
Please note: All students, including 8th grade students, must purchase a yearbook if they would like one. Eighth grade students are not given yearbooks. Thank you!
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019: Winter Sports begin
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019: First marking period ends
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019: Board meeting @ 8:00pm @ 384 West Main Street
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019: Second marking period begins
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019: Internet Safety Program for Parents @ 7:00pm: http://bit.ly/34CoqW1
- Monday, November 18, 2019: College Planning Seminar @ 6:30pm, followed by PTO Meeting @ 7:00pm in the STEAM Center
- Friday, November 22, 2019: FTEF Presents Monte Carlo Night
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019: Early Dismissal @ 11:40am
- Thursday, November 28, 2019 and Friday, November 29, 2019: School Closed
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019: Winter Concerts - 6:00pm Band; 7:00pm Chorus
- Thursday, December 5, 2019: Picture Makeup Day - If you would like to order pictures, you may do so online at http://www.kidsatheartphotos.com - Preorder Code: Eisenhower 2019
8th Grade Information: High School Opportunities
As you may be aware, there are a number of programs that your student may choose to apply to for high school. Please note that these programs are completely optional. Each student will be registered with the high school that he/she is districted to attend regardless of whether or not they apply to one of these programs or a private school.
Last week, a representative from the Freehold Regional High School District was here to present the Magnet Programs and the International Baccalaureate Program offered. Linked below are the presentation and handouts from that assembly. For further information, please visit frhsdmagnetprograms.com.
In addition, there are a number of Career Academies that are a part of the Monmouth County Vocational School District. Linked below is the brochure. For additional information, please visit https://www.mcvsd.org.
Please take the opportunity to review these programs in more detail and attend the open houses as indicated in the coming weeks.
If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, please reach out to your child’s guidance counselor, Mr. Durante at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Waldron at email@example.com.
- FRHSD Magnet Program Presentation: http://bit.ly/2m1d6Sa
- FRHSD Magnet Program Packet: http://bit.ly/2lX4pbE
- FTHS IB Diploma Program: http://bit.ly/2kSR9od
- MCVSD Career Academy Brochure: http://bit.ly/2kHH2mn
- MCVSD Picture ID Information: https://www.mcvsd.org/wp-content/uploads/career-academy-picture-id-form.pdf