Weekly updates for our Collins families.
March 23, 2023
To view this newsletter in a different language, click on the
Translate Newsletter button located in the black box or black circle to the right of your screen.
Para ver este boletín en un idioma diferente, haga clic en el botón
Traducir Boletín ubicado en el cuadro negro o circulo negro en la parte derecha de pantalla.
3/30: Principal Chat & Spring Title 1 Meeting 8:15AM
3/31: Early Release @11:45AM
4/4: 4th & 5th Grade Music & Art Show
4/4: School Librarian Appreciation Day
4/7 & 4/10: No School
Kindergarten Graduation Photos
These photos are for KINDERGARTEN ONLY.
Career Day Volunteers Needed!
Collins will be hosting its annual Career Day on Monday, May 15, 2023. The purpose of Career Day is to expose students to a variety of careers in order to jumpstart their thinking about the future. By preparing early, students will be more likely to be college and career ready after high school graduation.
All students will participate in Career Day. However, we can’t do it without you! We need volunteers to speak for three 20 minute-long sessions about their career starting at 8:00 am and ending at 10:00 am. We will have four sessions: 8:00- 8:20; 8:30-8:50; 9:00-9:20; and 9:30 -9:50
If you, a family member, or friend is interested in volunteering to speak about a career, please complete the form below.
Volunteer selection will be on a first-come basis.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Castaneda at email@example.com.
With your help, we look forward to having another engaging Career Day!
Link to form here
4th & 5th Grade Music & Art Show NEW DATE: TUESDAY 4/4
Collins Elementary Needs Substitutes
For more information, please click the following link. Apply today!
DVISD VISITOR AND VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES
Visitors & Volunteer Guidelines
- Pre-approved volunteers will be permitted at campuses, specific to campus needs
- Volunteers must complete the district volunteer application and DPS background check form available in every Collins Parent Newsletter (see below)
- The form can be dropped off at your child’s school.
- A background check is required for all volunteers.
- Volunteers will follow the direction of campus administration while on campus
- A “hug zone” will be established at elementary campuses in order for parents to say goodbye and send students to their classrooms.
- Parents will not be permitted to attend lunch at school with their students
- Campuses will host in-person on-campus events outside of school hours
Parent and community volunteers are integral to our school’s success. There are many ways for you to get involved in our community. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
All on-campus volunteers and parent chaperones for field trips MUST complete a background check and volunteer application. This takes awhile to process so complete yours now!
Please complete the forms below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
English Volunteer Survey:
Spanish Volunteer Survey: