The Enigma Machine & The Colossus
The story of the Enigma
- The Enigma machine was used during the second world war
- it was used by the germans to create to send plans secretly to their allies.
- we sent spy's from Poland to germany to find out more on how to de-crypt their plans
- the three polish mathematicians returned to poland and solved it sending London copys of the Enigma code and how to solve it.
- shortly after the germans invaded Poland and killed or tourted the three men.
- the men never gave away any information.
- The Colossus was created by Tommy Flowers in Dec 1943 it was released and june 1945 it was discontinued.
- its purpose is the first digital programmable computer.
- 10 units were shipped
- it was the first geniration of the computer