March 18, 2016
This Week's Reading
Paired Text: The Extra Credit Club
Genre: Persuasive Text
Comprehension Skills: Generalizations & Text Structure
- Lines and Levels (Order of Operations)
- You place vertical lines around any and all addition or subtraction signs that are outside of parentheses.
- You move from left to right section by section finding the value by levels.
Level 1: Groupings (braces, brackets, parentheses)
Level 2: Radicals and Exponents
Level 3: Multiplication and Division
Level 4: Addition and Subtraction
You also work left to right if there is more than one of a level (ex: 3-2+4= 5)
- Tuesday, March 22 is the 5th Grade Concert. Please try to make it. Also, if possible, please have your son or daughter wear a purple t-shirt. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
- PARCC testing begins the week after Spring Break. We will try to work hard during testing, and catch-up on instruction between. If the weather is nice we will also head outside to play capture the flag.
- We will be stamping our Camp Jupiter shirts the 2nd Week of PARCC testing. Please make sure to wash your shirt before sending it in. The fabric paint sticks better.