From the Abernethy Office
June 12th, 2023
Welcome to the last week of school!
I have told the staff on numerous occasions that this school year has felt as if it were going by way too fast, and here we are, only 2 more days of school with our students.
Today, during Field Day, I walked around and saw every element of fun that could possibly have been had! I am pretty sure that your students are going to sleep good tonight! I wanted to give a big shout out to Ms. Hartle, and her sidekicks Cynthia Campos and Doug Lee for putting on such a fun, interactive and WET field day! If your students came home wet, sorry, not sorry. There was no way to stop them! they all gravitated to the water and many didn't want to leave!
As we wrap up the school year, here are some important "things" for you to know.
- If you have not already, please turn in your student's chromebook, case and charging chord. We are inventorying all chromebooks and fixing all broken ones to be able to ensure that when students return in August, everyone has a working chromebook to use.
- Report cards will be mailed home the week of June 19- 23. In your student's report card, you will find a supply list for the grade your students are entering into and a Save - the - Date for August 24th! Abernethy will be holding their first ever back to school picnic! This is not an event where you need to bring anything other than your family and friends, a blanket to sit on, your own dinner and all your summer stories! More information will come throughout the summer as well as a lot of reminders!
- Teacher assignments will be announced when the staff return in August. You will receive an email as well as a newsletter giving step by step instructions for how to log onto ParentVue and see your student's teacher assignment. Please know that your students current teacher put a lot of thought into placements and what is the best learning environment for your student.
- Last day for teachers will be Friday, June 16th. If there is anything that you find you may need after that date, pease feel free to reach out to me. I will be happy to help with anything!
As we talk about the school year ending, I want to remind everyone that we are not done yet!! Remember, we still have:
Tuesday June 13th - 5th Grade Promotions
- Mr. Hartmann's Class - 9:00am - 9:50am
- Ms. Arthurs's Class - 10:00am - 10:50am
- Mr. Hutchison's Class - 11:00am - 11:50am
Wednesday - June 14th - Last Day Of School
- 5th Grade Clap Out - 2:45pm
Families will line up outside under the covered play area. Below you will see the map. Student will take their final lap around Abernethy and then exit the building for all the families to cheer them on. This is not limited to 5th grade families! All your students will be 5th graders at some point! It is a great way to send off Abernethy students, yours or not!