Chavez Eagle Express
Week of Sept. 22, 2014
LIFE PRINCIPLE OF THE WEEK--RESPECT
Definition: Showing or feeling honor; to show consideration, esteem to one another.
PTA Bicycle Rodeo--Tuesday, Sept. 23, 5:45pm
The PTA Bicycle Rodeo will take place this Tuesday, Sept 23, beginning at 5:45. This is a great opportunity for families to brush up on bicycle safety. This will take place in the north parking lot next to the gym and cafeteria. This is a hands on event as students will be driving their bicycles through actual safety drills and courses. Little Elm Police and Fire Department will be our instructors for the evening. It is a big thrill for our students to interact with our Firemen and Policemen. Not only is it a fun event but our PTA will have delicious ice cream available.
WATCH D.O.G.S. PIZZA NIGHT--TUESDAY--SEPT 23--7:30--8:00PM
Hope to see a great turnout for WATCHDOGS Pizza Night this Tuesday after the Bicycle Rodeo.
4th and 5th Grade Students Excited About New Chromebooks !
Cookie Dough Fundraiser--Sept. 12--29
STUDENTS OF THE WEEK
1st Grade--Mrs. Cassell
2nd Grade--Mrs. Wilson
3rd Grade--Ms. Slifer
4th Grade--Mrs. Pruitt
5th Grade--Mrs. Jacques
* Please use the crosswalk to walk across traffic lanes. Drivers know to watch for crossing traffic at the crosswalks.
* Do not leave cars unattended in any traffic lane. If you must please park in the parking lot.
* Only drop off and pick up students on the inside lane. It is dangerous for students to cross traffic lanes from the outside lane.
* Please do not exceed 5 miles per hour in the traffic lanes. Some of our students are so small that you cannot see them in front of or behind your car.
* Be calm and anticipate traffic delays when you are in a hurry. The safety of all our students depends on all of us doing our part.
Once again, thank you so much for your patience and making safety a priority.
5th Grade Science Camp--October 14,15, & 16
CHAVEZ DATES TO REMEMBER
Sept 23 PTA Bicycle Rodeo ----6:00
SEPT 23 Watchdog Pizza Night 7:30--8:00
Sept 24--4th grade Field Trip--UNT
Sept 25--Student Pictures-Lifetouch
Sept 29--All Cookie Dough Money due
Sept 29--Reflections Begins
Oct 9-- Bounce House Rewards--Gym & Game Truck (during specials)
Oct 10--½ day Early Release
Oct 10--PTA Movie Night
Oct 13--Staff Development
Oct 15, 16, 17 Camp Jolt
Oct 20-24 Parent Conferences
Oct 20-24 Bookfair
Oct 21--Donuts for Dads
Oct 22 Cookie Dough Delivery
Oct 24 Awards Assembly
Oct 27--Oct 31 Red Ribbon Week
Oct 31---Fairy Tale Parade
Dec 12--4th Grade Field Trip to State Capitol--Austin