wordpress maintenance services california
Secure WordPress Sites with the Help of Azurewebdesigns
Perhaps the least thing you want to happen when keeping a WP site is being attacked by hackers. Nowadays, hacking is widespread and WP is one of the most targeted open source blogging platforms. Nevertheless, there are different ways on how you can secure WordPress site and most of them are quite easy to follow. The following are some of the things you can do to secure WordPress Sites.
1. Use the latest version of WP and plugins. It is because these contain the latest fixes for all obvious website vulnerabilities, which the bots are searching for.
2. Hide WP version. This is relatively crucial to make it difficult for hackers to know the version you are using. You can modify it by going to your theme's folder and opening the header.php. Afterwards, delete the line. Besides, this command provides no special purpose.
3. Use the most secure WordPress theme. While most of the brute force attacks are directly linked to unsecure WP themes and plugins, it is also fairly essential to delete old and inactive themes. You can either use ftp or your WP admin dashboard in removing them or you can simple reactivate them.
4. Secure WordPress permission. Another way to increase the security of your website is by securing file permissions. There are different ways to do this. In case you are using IIS server, the best thing you can do is to install and enable IIS Forms authentication and URL authorization modules. Upon installation, make sure to configure its settings to secure WordPress IIS admin folder.
5. Use security plugins. Today, there are several website security plugins that you may choose from. Each of these plugins has its own special features and advantages to suit your individual needs. When you utilize security plugins, make sure that you keep them updated so that it has all the latest fixes for any type of vulnerabilities. Some of the best security plugins you can use are BulletProof Security, WP Security Scan, Login Lockdown and Better WP Security.
6. Secure WordPress login. When it comes to securing your WP login or perhaps restricting access to your WP admin directory, one thing you can do is to change admin username and use stronger password. As much as possible, your password must be at least ten characters long consisting of small letters, capital letters, symbols and numbers. You may also track login attempts and provide limits to avoid brute force attacks from gaining entry to your site.
As mentioned earlier, these are just few of the many different ways to secure your WP site. Perhaps what you must understand is that nothing works perfectly in securing websites since hackers can breakthrough much easily with far stronger defenses than simply using some security plugins.Azurewebdesigns is best wordpress services provider To know more about wordpress support please visit here : - http://azurewebdesigns.com/