Social Studies Leadership Team
K-5 Elementary Teachers 17-18
The purpose of the Social Studies Teacher Leadership Team is to continue the development of a diverse group of educators interested in building capacity to collaborate, grow, and lead in order to improve student achievement in Social Studies.
Sounds cliche-like, doesn't it? Well, it might be, but it captures exactly what we are trying to accomplish.
If you attended before, then you know what to expect and also know the latest and greatest will be included, as well as continuing the things from which many of you benefited, like the extended time to collaborate with educators from other districts in the same grade level.
If you have not attended, then consider what you will receive:
- Ways to implement the Essential Literacy Practices
- Q & A session with State Social Studies Assessment Consultant Scott Koenig
- Latest information on and draft copy of the revised State Social Studies Standards
- Latest information and happenings in Social Studies in MI and across the country
- Access to a Social Studies Resource folder in Google Drive with a plethora of resources
- Updates and ideas related to teacher evaluation
- Collaborative research and development time wth educators from same grade level
- Brief lessons on being an effective educational leader
- The opportunity to focus on improving to meet the goals you have set for the year
Elementary teachers who are passionate about teaching students and advancing Social Studies Education are invited to attend.
The meetings are designed to equip elementary educators with the knowledge and skills needed to improve Social Studies instruction. During these sessions which will be a combination of professional development and meeting time, educators will learn about the latest social studies information and share effective instructional practices.
Lunch is on your own, there is no cost, but pre-registration is required.
Time spent during these meetings is designed to increase clarity of understanding and application of effective social studies education so that all students experience high achievement.
What to Bring With You
- Your own device; however, one can be provided if needed
- Lunch or money to buy food from local restaurants
- Your PIC number to fill out form to earn up to 11 SCHECHs
Once you have done that, you will find each session registration link listed at the bottom.