Kidnapping In The United States
- 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time, resulting in an average of 2,185 children missing each day.
- 203,900 of those children were kidnapped by family members.
- 58,200 children were abducted by non family members.
- When you are walking in a public place, always be aware of who is around you. Stay away from anyone who looks suspicious and don't come in contact with them. If anyone approaches you, be spectacle and don't follow anyone anywhere or take food or anything form anyone. Never go into someone's car that you don't know or give out any of your personal info in person, or on the internet on any social networking websites.
- Be prepared with things that could help you fight off a person that could hurt you. For example, my mom has pepper spray in her car just in case we break down we have protection.
-If anyone ever grabs you, make sure to scream and make a huge scene so somebody close can hear you. Also, if you get grabbed make sure to fight like your life depends on it, because it kind of does.
- One thing that I do when I'm in a public place and feel like someone creepy is around, I pretend to be talking to my mom on the phone so that they feel like they can't come up and attack me because I'm in contact with someone and holding my phone. That signals that I could easily contact my mom or the police.