VCR Lesson 7
fill in the blank
1. an electric generator
2. an extremely forceful, energetic, or hardworking person
dunamis (G.) "power"
dunasthai (G.) "to be able," "to have strength"
1. no direct antonyms
the first definition
It helps to also think of a person that is a dynamo like a generator. A person who is a dynamo has a lot of energy and is hardworking.
- The dynamo helped generate electric power.
- A person who is a dynamo often has a rags-to-riches life story.
- The dynamo was lit with a fuse, and several seconds later the wall of rock exploded.
- When the power went out, Jim used a dynamo to generate electricity for his house.