WE ARE ROLLING OUT THE AQUA CARPET FOR YOU! HOOT HOOT!!
Welcome to Origami Owl!
You may receive various welcome emails from different members of your upline lineage. Please don’t feel overwhelmed. The emails hopefully will allow you to see what a great support system you have! We are so happy and excited to have you join our big, happy family!
We all know that Origami Owl was started by the hopes and dreams of a 14 year old girl named Bella Weems. She really wanted a car, and with the support and help from her mom, her dreams came true. Check out these links to give you more information about how Origami Owl started:
Here is Bella on Good Morning America!
Origami Owl's Mission Statement:
TO BE A FORCE FOR GOOD, TO LOVE, TO INSPIRE, AND MOTIVATE WOMEN OF ALL AGES, TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS, TO REACH THEIR DREAMS AND TO EMPOWER THEM.
Do what you love and love what you do!
I love my job!!
The O2 Mission Statement
What a beautiful, inspiring, and empowering mission!
This is our company's founder and what is inside her locket.
Origami Owl's Core Values
Let's Get the Ball Rolling......
A Welcome Video!
Click here --> http://vimeo.com/72459243
This is a quick little video that welcomes you to Origami Owl and gives you some GREAT tips on how to jumpstart your new business!
What is your story? Learn to tell your Origami Owl story. Download the document here:
Where is My Team? Where Do I Go? What Do I Do?
This is a public Facebook page where you can "like" the page and feel free to share any of the pictures or posts onto your own page. I am the one who runs the page and it is meant to be a page for our team to celebrate and to share with each other and their facebook audiences. www.facebook.com/teamtrubies
Our "Family Tree"
Origami Owl has 6 Designers who are the "Direct to Corporate Designers"
Tami and Madi Butcher, Kimberlie Harrell, Heidi Russell, Karla Savage, Maggie Stephens, and Kristine Stevens.
We all fall under one of these lovely ladies, who I call the "Supreme Mother Owls"
We are part of Tami Butcher's nest. Tami and Madi are an amazing Mother Daugher Team! Tami may send you an email every now and then to say hello :)
Here is your lineage:
1. Tami Butcher- Senior Director "Team Believe"
2. Robyn Torres- Senior Director "Team FAB- Faith & Always Believe" -Robyn is my Mentor and I love her!
3. Krista Saysanam- (that's me!) Senior Director "Team True Believers"
4. You or your Mentor? WOW!!
From this point down, there are various branches of our family tree. Your mentor will be able to tell you who your lineage is- from me to you! It's important to utilize your mentor FIRST if you have questions or need advice. You can then follow the chain up, as needed. Give your mentor the opportunity to grow with you by not skipping them.
Check out O2's Career Plan! If you work your business, you can move up those ranks pretty quickly! EXCITING!
Where do you see yourself in 3 months? 6 months? On your 1 year Owlversary?
The Juicy Info- Now Let's Really Get Started!
Getting the 411 on what to do, product information, and all the files/resources you can get your hands on because you want to read, take in the knowledge, and run with it.
First of all, get out that great book that came with your starter kit! Read it!! It is a wonderful training guide for you, full of information, and it also includes checklists and how to do your first Jewelry Bar. Seriously, it is an awesome book.
Log into your backoffice and check out the tab that says DESIGNER RESOURCES. So much information! I know it is a lot to take in and look at, but do not worry, you can learn as you go and our team is here for you every step of the way. What is great about the Designer Resources section is it has so many great files, photographs, and power points, and videos to help support you in your business.
***Pay particular attention to Origami Owl's Policies & Procedures***
I recommend you print this, three hole punch the papers and put this in a binder for reference.
Your backoffice is a wonderful tool to your business. Try to log in everyday and check to see if anything new has been posted. Your Mentor does not know anything before you do. Any news we receive is from there.
Do you use Dropbox? It is an online file storage website. It is free to sign up for it. I recommend you do this, then go to your backoffice and download all the files you feel will be useful to you and your business and then upload them onto your Dropbox. www.dropbox.com
Do you have a smart phone? Download the app for Dropbox. Now, at your fingertips, you have all the Origami Owl files that you have uploaded. You can pull them up on your phone easily for quick reference. And you can easily share the file, just by texting the link to whoever needs it. It rocks!
Robyn Torres, our Senior Director, has a Dropbox folder that we can access the files. It is an incredible source for information, and the link to it will always be in the pinned post of our team group page, for easy access.
If you are in the Dallas Fort Worth Area- join our meetup group! Meet the team, your sister owls, and join us for meetings, ladies nights out/in, playdates with our kids, etc.
Take a moment to add Origami Owl's contact info to your cell phone contacts.
Email- go to www.origamiowl.com and click on contact us and use the contact form
410 S.Benson Lane, Suite 1
And last but not least, make sure your Mentor's phone number is saved into your cell phone's contacts too!
Believe in Your Dreams
What is it that you dream to have in your life? How will you use Origami Owl to help your dreams come true?
Create your Happiness
How will you use Origami Owl to create a pathway to your Happiness?
Let your Dreams Set Sail
Are you ready to let your dreams set sail? Then LET'S DO THIS!
Believe in Your Dreams
YOUR FIRST 30 DAYS
Here are some tips to help you start your Origami Owl business on the fast track!
- Designate a workspace. The first step is to select one location for your workspace. Ideally, this is a designated home office, but some of us may not have the space in our home, So this space can be the kitchen table, a small desk in your bedroom, etc. Whatever the space, it is important that you make this your space. Carving out a home office space, can help you be more productive at home and maintain your sanity when family and household issues threaten to impede your work.
- Set up your email- you are an excited new Designer, you will be sending out emails about your new business to prospective customers and hostesses When you have a designated email address just for your Origami Owl business, it tells everyone you are OPEN FOR BUSINESS! Be sure to follow the P&P Guidelines for setting up an email. No proprietary, trademarked terms. You can not use origamiowl, livinglockets, or O2 in your email address. Something simple like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com is great! Having an email just for your Origami Owl business is a great way to keep organized with all the communications you will be having between you and Hostesses, customers, and your Mentor and leaders. Check this out- it is a fancy e-signature that you can create for your business email address. It is great because it looks professional, and you can add your contact info, as well as set up the buttons to link to your website and social media sites. http://www.myesig.com/samples.php?pc=1090
- Open a bank account. Open a separate checking account for your new business. Look for a personal account with minimal fees and an ATM card. Deposit client checks as well as sales and use it to order supplies and pay for business expenses. This makes for MUCH EASIER tracking and accounting at the end of the year when you're trying to do taxes! This is the account where you can deposit customer checks, commissions from corporate, and link your SquareUp, PayAnywhere or other mobile cash register credit card swiper account.
Sign up for mobile credit card processing.
Do research on using a mobile credit processing service. There are many out there. PayAnywhere, Paypal, SquareUp, Intuit...the list goes on and on. Even though YES, the Origami Owl backoffice does run credit cards for free through the Jewelry Bar tab, it is only for when you are placing orders. The great thing about having a mobile credit card swiper is that you can run someone's card at the event, have it go directly into your business account (most take 24 hours to deposit), then turn around and order the product in your back office using debit card linked to that same account. For the most part, they are available for free when you register your account and they send you the reader. You may pay a service fee of about 2.5% - 3% depending on the company, so research well and decide if this is something that is important to your business or not. It's a CONVENIENCE, not a NECESSITY.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE THOSE THINGS DONE, YOU MUST FEEL OFFICIALLY OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!
- Make your list of 100 immediately. List all the people you know and don't be judgmental of who may or may not love Origami Owl. You never know!! 10 friends, 10 relatives, 10 neighbors, 10 acquaintances and 10 people surrounding children is 50 already. And you can contact them using your...GASP! Brand new email address! Who do you know? More people that you actually think. Look at this list to give you ideas: https://www.dropbox.com/s/im5atn9ddya2710/DES-ALICE-WhoooDoYouKnow-1.pdf
- Pick a date for your launch party IMMEDIATELY!!! When will your DEBUT be? And who will be attending this debut? I know that is an exciting thought!! The launch parties should focus on bookings and sharing Origami Owl with people who might want to start their own business. Don't worry so much about selling products- if you do, its an added bonus!
- GET YOUR CALENDAR FULL! Schedule your launch party, and try to get 2 parties from your launch party and 2 outside bookings. This will give you 5 in the next 4-6 weeks and will get your business booming. Origami Owl Jewelry Bars are easy and so much fun! But it is even more full when you are excited, enthusiastic, and get the balling rolling!!!!
Marketing Yourself and Your New Business as an O2 Independent Designer!
For marketing and branding purposes and to keep the company's image consistent and because the Nest said so, we can only order cards through this site.
Tell EVERYONE that you are an Independent Designer with Origami Owl and POST it on your social media!!
Now you can add pictures and whatever you would like. I know we get excited when we come across great locket pictures. Remember, we are being a force for good, and editing or cropping out another Designer's name is disrespecting them, because their time and efforts went into creating the beautiful locket photo. Our audience does not know that the Designer's name is another Designer. They see that as a photographer's signature on her work. If it is their website and/or Designer info on the picture, just do not use that picture. Simple. Here is a collection of pictures and graphics that we have saved just for you to use (request to join the page- it is just for our team use)
***Remember, you are now a representative of Origami Owl. Please make sure your posts reflect the company you represent and YOU in a good light. Do not post anything that may offend others or cause controversy. We all come from different backgrounds, and have different beliefs. We all have our own story- that is what Origami Owl is all about- telling our stories, which are all different! As we celebrate our diversity, always choose to be respectful. We never know who is looking at our page.
Even though your social media profiles are your personal ones, you are hoping to generate sales, business, and hopefully attract customers. I can not stress enough how it is important to appear professional on your personal page. Keep it is drama free zone :)
BE A FORCE FOR GOOD!!
"Mentoring is a developmental partnership through which one person shares knowledge, skills, information and perspective to foster the personal and professional growth of someone else. The power of mentoring is that it creates a one-of-a-kind opportunity for collaboration, goal achievement and problem-solving."
Please feel free to contact your Mentor or me if you have any questions. We are here to help and happy to do so. You can call me, text me, email me. If I do not get back to you right away, I promise to return your message as soon as I can. Thanks again and I look forward to getting to know you and helping you reach your goals, whether they be big or small.
Welcome to Team True Believers! I wish you much luck, happiness, and success!
Need to Contact Me?
My Office Hours
Mon,Tue,Thurs & Fri 8am-3pm CST and 9pm-11pm CST
Saturday and Sunday by appointment only
You can expect to hear back from me within 24 hours during the week or if you contact me over the weekend, by Monday.
My cell phone number is 817.925.5635 call/text
My Google voicemail is 682.231.3695 call/text
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
If you catch me outside my office hours, be sure to leave me a message, and I will return it as soon as I can. Thank you!
Want to be my friend on Facebook? Please feel free to friend request me!
Follow me on Instagram @kristasayanam
My Origami Owl story starts with me randomly finding a link to the Origami Owl site on Facebook one day. I clicked on it and instantly fell in love with the concept. I saw on the site that this was something I could sell. I had never been in direct sales but loved this unique idea so much, that I decided to give it a try.
At the time, I was a stay at home Mommy to a medically needy child. Mya, my Warrior Princess had a liver transplant when she was six months old. I was in "extreme caretaker Mommy mode" for so long, that I craved to do something exciting and different and that is when I decided to become a Designer with Origami Owl. Being part of O2 has helped me gain my self confidence back, and realize that what I do as a Mom, wife, and now Mentor- it really matters! I am proud of myself and how far I have come and I am truly excited to have you here with me as part of my team.