May 19, 2023
Thursday, June 8: Last Day for Seniors (Classes completed for Graduation)
🎓 Friday, June 9: Hood River Valley High School Graduation Ceremony 🎓
Monday, June 19: No school for students and staff (observance of Juneteenth holiday)
Wednesday, June 21: Last day of school for students (unless you have already finished your classes!) 😎
May & June Activities
Open to All Ages!
So many thanks to the outrigger canoe club for sponsoring this outing!
When: June 2nd
Kindergarten through 4th: 12:30-1:30PM
5th through 7th: 1:30 - 2:30PM
8th through 12th: 2:30 - 3:30PM
Where: Meet at Nichols Basin. That is the first beach at the Event Site.
Limit: 10 students per age group.
Please RSVP by filling out this form
Wear a swimsuit, shorts, and bring a rain jacket or other windproof layer. Wear tie-on shoes that can get wet or sturdy sandals with straps.
Wear sunblock and sunglasses. If you have a life jacket bring it. Don’t wear cotton clothing or jeans.
You can print it out and bring it signed. I’ll also have hard copies you can sign when you drop off your student.
High School Updates
Attention Parents of the class of 2023 High School Graduates
2023 Senior Slide Show @ HRVHS Coming Soon
For Senior class 2023 HRCSD slide show, please share 5-10 pictures of your senior, individual & group ok. HRVHS is the one organizing this event and we will keep you posted on when and where the slide show will be in June.
Important Info for ALL Seniors
- Decision Day Celebration is tomorrow May 2nd at lunch time in the HRV courtyard (12:06-12:38). Remember to check in with the front office if you plan to attend.
- Stole/Sash purchase information: Do you want to show your cultural heritage on graduation day? You can request a stole using this link. This is not a graduation requirement, and is totally optional. Depending on the number ordered, the Stole could cost around $20-50.
- Walking Partner: If you already have a walking partner, please fill out this form to pair you up with them on graduation day. If you do not have a partner--DO NOT FRET! We will pair you up and let you know who your partner is before the big day!
Other Important HROA student info:
- If you did not pick up your cap and gown last week, we have it! Come on by and pick it up at any time. If you haven't ordered yet and need to--Please let us know asap! Email me and we will see if we can still order, or we also potentially have some extras that will fit you.
- Required practices: If you do not make it to the senior assemblies listed here on the senior webpage, know that there will be two REQUIRED practices the day before and the day of graduation in order for you to walk. Please also refer to the link above for all upcoming important dates!
- The HROA Senior webpages are very informative and helpful--I strongly suggest bookmarking them until you've made it to the end! Under the HROA Counseling page, scroll down to the bottom where it says "Seniors +"
- Prom and Senior Grad Party: We will be getting the Prom Guest Permission slips in this week, and I will let you know when they arrive. We have the Senior Grad Party permission slips. Come to HROA to get one.
- If you are an early grad and want to attend prom, you will need to attend as a guest. Ask a friend to get a guest permission slip for you! Please email me if you have questions about this policy.
Grad Party Info
Interested in helping plan the HRVHS/HROA Class of 2023 Graduation Party?!? It is a parent-created and run event and they would LOVE help!
Please contact: Meriah Solorzano at meriah.Solorzano@yahoo.com for more info.
HROA Building Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm