Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of November 13-17
November 12, 2023
Dear Rocket Families,
We have a busy week ahead!!!! Report cards will come home Monday. In addition, VERY, VERY IMPORTANT - there will be a new MEDICAL HISTORY form sent home that we need for EVERY student to have on file. Due to the new Parents Bill of Rights we need your permission for routine services we have always provided. A copy of the form is included below. Specifically, your attention is needed for the following section:
- Student Health Services: Student health services include, but are not necessarily limited too, routine screenings, nurse assessment for illness, first aid, and emergency care. Your signature below indicates your consent for your child to receive basic student health services while attending school.
- Health services personnel periodically conduct routine health screenings for students. Please indicate your consent for your child to participate in these screenings by checking the boxes below: (You will need to check individually) Vision Screening, Hearing Screening, Dental Screening
If you have any questions about the new Medical History Form please call the school.
We hope that you are able to join us for our Thanksgiving Meal THIS Thursday, November 16. The menu includes: turkey with gravy, stuffing, green beans, sweet potato soufflé, mac & cheese, and rolls. The cost of an adult meal is $4.00 per person. You are asked to pay with exact change on Thursday if possible! Please do not send in any payments ahead of time. Our luncheons are a way of showing our support for our school nutrition staff (we have the BEST by the way), so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not bring ANY OUTSIDE FOOD!!!! Please choose another day to join your child for lunch if you wish to bring outside food. A copy of the lunch schedule is included below so you will know what time your child has lunch.
On Friday, our 3rd Grade Students will present their College Fair along with their High School Heroes. This will take place in our Gymnasium from 9-11 AM.
A reminder of our TWO school fundraisers currently taking place:
- ART TO REMEMBER: Your child's artwork would make great gifts for the holidays!!! Please see below for more information.
- RES RAFFLE TICKET SALE: Our sale will run through Friday, December 8! Please see below for the chance to win one of the 18 prizes (17 CASH donations and 1 Gift Card) donated by local businesses to help RES!!!! We will offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd place highest raffle ticket seller prizes! We will have TWO winners for each place with one being from Pre-K - 2nd Grade and the other with grades 3-5!! Our school GOAL is to sell 7500 TICKETS!!!!!!!
Finally, Help LOCK Mrs. Clement UP for a GREAT Cause and PLEASE HELP Bail Her Out!!!! The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office is proudly working with several Rutherford County Schools administrators in their first ever Jail & Bail Fundraiser! All proceeds will go to help children of Rutherford County buy gifts this Christmas during the annual "Shop with the Sheriff". Donations will be accepted now through Friday, December 1st and can be turned in to the front office of the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office or Rutherfordton Elementary!
Question: How does it work?
Answer: After $500 has been raised for Ms. Clement, she will be arrested and taken to "Jail". In order for Ms. Clement to "Bail" out, she must raise another $500.
As always, please feel free to reach out to me anytime should you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. I may be reached at email@example.com, by way of Class Dojo or by calling the school at (828) 287-3778.
ART TO REMEMBER FUNDRAISER
Orders placed by Monday, November 20th will have FREE SHIPPING to our school! Items are expected to arrive to school mid December(before break).
Click on the link below to start shopping!
Upcoming Events & Important Information
RES Thanksgiving Family Luncheon
- Thursday, November 16
3rd Grade College Fair with High School Heroes
- Friday, November 17
- 9-11 AM; Gymnasium
4th Grade Trip to Chimney Rock
- Tuesday, November 21
5th Grade Parent Involvement
- Tuesday, November 21, 10 AM
- Wednesday, November 22 - Friday, November 24