The SMS Athletic Newsletter
Week of 2/19/23:
This week's edition includes:
- SMS Wrestling State Qualifiers
- Mandatory Spring Sports Parents Meeting
- SHS Athletics Open House
- Track practice begins on 2/21. Sign-Up now so you don't miss out!
- Student-athlete eligibility information
- SHS Athletic Open House
- SHS Cheer Tryouts
- SHS Golf Camp
- Staff vs. Students Basketball Game
- Spring Sports Update: Pics, Schedules, and Recaps
- Spirit Wear
- Strongsville Athletic Booster Information
- Buy athletic event tickets from your phone
- Strongsville Night with the Cavaliers
- LLS Top Golf Fundraiser
- LLS Harlem Wizards Game
- Registrations are open for Rec Summer Baseball/Softball/T-Ball Leagues- DEADLINE- 3/10
- Athletic Programming from the Strongsville Recreation
- Strongsville Youth LAX Info
- Click/Tap HERE for previous editions of Cold Pizza
Jason Keppler, Assistant Athletic Director
Strongsville City Schools
SMS Wrestlers Qualify for States!
Mandatory Spring Sports Parents Meeting
MARK YOUR CALENDARS- SPRING SPORTS PARENT MEETING
The HS and MS Spring Sports parent meeting will be held on March 6th at 6PM in the High School Main Gym. Following the parent meeting, each sport will hold an individual parent meeting with to discuss individual team needs. Locations for these meetings will be stated at the parent meeting.
This meeting is HIGHLY recommended for parents and students both.
SHS Athletics Open House
WHEN: Monday March 6th 5PM-6PM- Main/Middle Gym at the HS
WHO: This event is open to anyone who attends SMS or elementary schools.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this event is to highlight and showcase what Strongsville Athletics has to offer students athletically as well as academically. Teams and coaches will be present to highlight upcoming events at games, to discuss the program with parents and students as well as providing summer camp information for all ages. Please make sure you stop by and connect with the Athletic Boosters during this time as well to see how you can get involved with supporting the athletic teams.
For questions, please contact the High School Athletic department or email AD, Denny Ziegler and email@example.com
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 G.P.A. Should their G.P.A. fall below a 2.0 they will be put on a weekly progress reports to assure assignments and effort are up to snuff. If not the players will be required to sit until improvement is made.
- Students must have passed at least 4 classes in the previous quarter (5 if at SHS). Should this criteria not be met a student will not be eligible for the forthcoming athletic season.
- Pay to Participate and previous year academic fees must be paid in order to partake in athletic games/contests. Students will be withheld from all contests until fees are paid.
OHSAA Eligibility Resource Center
SHS Cheer Tryouts
Girls Youth Golf Camp
Join Strongsville High School Golf Team coaches and varsity golf players at the Girls Youth Strongsville Golf Camp! The camp is open to girls in 4th - 8th grades and focuses on developing the proper techniques in the golf swing, as well as improving skills for the short game and putting. The camp fee is $100 and will be held once a week in April and May from 6pm - 7pm at Valleaire Golf Club (6969 Boston Rd. / Hinckley). The Girls Youth Strongsville Golf Camp is open to golfers at any skill level. Click HERE for additional information and click HERE to register.
Staff vs. Students Basketball Game
Cal is a Strongsville junior and a varsity basketball player who has until March 18 to raise $75,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Student Visionary of the Year Program. All (100%) of the money raised goes directly to the LLS in support of its longstanding mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, and myeloma and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Cal has a passion to help and is looking for some assistance from friends, family and the community at large. Any donation will help. Please consider making a difference now.
Thank you so much toa ll of our students and families for supporting this effort. We are grateful for you and your help. Below is a link to Cal’s fundraising page.
SPRING SPORTS UPDATES
GET THE LATEST TEAM UPDATES:
- Bowling Champs:
Session 1 & 2 Winners:
There is lots of other information there as well!
- Game Schedules
- Game Results/Recaps
- Athletic Forms
- Sports Medicine Info
- Ticketing Info
- Online Team Shop
- Sports Registration/Tryout Info
Strongsville Athletic Boosters
HOMETOWN TICKETING FAN APP
NEW WAYS TO PURCHASE TICKETS
All other VARSITY sporting events will have $7.00 tickets for adults and $5.00 for students.
For stand alone JV, Freshman AND Middle School games, tickets will be $4.00 and $2.00
1. Tickets will be sold online through our NEW online Ticketing Partner, Hometown Ticketing. The link can be found HERE. This is the preferred method of payment for all home contests. You can also purchase tickets by going to STRONGSVILLEATHLETICS.ORG and by clicking on each team's schedule, there is a BUY TICKETS option. If you have question, please reach out to the Athletic Office.
2. We will offer at the gate cash and CREDIT CARD sales for all home contests. Again, if you do not want to wait in line, the online ticket option would be best
3. SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNTS. The GCC will allow Senior Citizens into any contest free of charge. At Strongsville, we will be issuing Senior Citizen All-Access passes that will allow them to attend any HOME sporting event free of charge. Passes will issued at any ticket gate upon entrance to an event.
(Please keep in mind that when we play non-league contests away, those schools may have a different senior citizen policy)
If you have any questions about the ticketing policy, please do not hesitate to contact the athletic department.
SCS Night with the Cavaliers
Strongsville City Schools Community Night is set for Wednesday, March 15th when the Cleveland Cavaliers battle the Philadelphia 76ers at Rocket Mortgage Field House. Click HERE to purchase tickets for a great night of basketball in downtown Cleveland!
Top Golf Event!
HARLEM WIZARDS RETURN TO STRONGSVILLE (TUES. 3/7)
Don’t miss the return of the Harlem Wizards to Strongsville on Tuesday, March 7 at 6:30pm. Watch the Wizards compete in a fun-filled basketball game against a team of SCS All-Stars (Teachers & Staff) in the SHS Main Gymnasium. Proceeds from this night will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Purchase tickets online HERE.
Sports Programs at the Strongsville Recreation Department
Strongsville Youth LAX
Come be a part of America’s fastest growing sport. Strongsville Youth Lacrosse has been growing since 2008 and registration for the 2023 spring season is now open for boys and girls in 2nd-8th grades! Indoor practices begin mid-February and the outdoor season runs from late March through May. All experience levels welcome. Specific registration information can be found at https://www.strongsvillelacrosse.com/.