TMHS Wildcat Choir
We want to take a moment to express how thankful we are- for our supportive parents, families, and most of all, our fabulous choir students. We are grateful to have made it this far, and look forward to all that is to come in the Wildcat Choir Program this year!
Stay safe, and have a wonderful and restful break!
Pop Show Auditions! DECEMBER 8 and 9
Sign up NOW for Pop Show Auditions HERE!!!
- Songs must fit the theme
- Time limit: no longer than 2 and a half minutes
- You must have an accompaniment (either a karaoke track, or accompany yourself on an instrument)
- Audition must be performed from memory
- Students are evaluated and selected based on pitch accuracy/tone, musicality, stage presence and overall performance.
- Only seniors can sing slow songs
- NOTE- we will not go past 4:30 PM on Wednesday. If you sign up for a late time, and there are empty slots, your time will be moved up.
TVS STUDENTS: If you are comfortable coming to school, please sign up for an audition time. Otherwise, you may make a recorded video audition. Videos must be submitted by 4:30PM on Wednesday, December 9- emailed to email@example.com.
Flag Blitz Information
TOP 5 REASONS to PARTICPATE IN THE TMHS CHOIR FLAG PROGRAM
1. Students may use these scholarship points to pay for all things Choir related!
2. Incredible Service Project for our community!
3. Provides Service Hours for students in various Honor Organizations!
4. Gets students outdoors!
5. Develops community awareness and responsibility!
***For more info, check out the flag fundraiser website at www.schoolspiritflags.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, make sure you are signed up on Charms to receive emails that will be sent with sign up details before each holiday.
ROUND 2 ALL-STATE INFORMATION
Monday, November 23
- Guys Rehearsal: 10-11
- Girls Rehearsal: 11-12
Saturday, November 28
- Audition Cuts Released: 10AM
- Guys Rehearsal/Recording Session: 10-11
- Girls Rehearsal/Recording Session: 11-12
Wednesday, December 2
AUDITION SUBMISSION DEADLINE!
Section of the Week
Belles: Soprano 1
Bel Canto: Altos
Major Chords: Altos-
We hope everyone has had a great week, and is continuing to stay safe and well. Our students have been working diligently on their holiday music.
Holiday Concert, Thursday, December 10
This performance will be required of all face to face students. Information about performance for our virtual students will be sent home after Thanksgiving.
5:30 PM Bel Canto (6th Period)
6:30 PM Dudes (2nd Period)
7:30 PM Belles (5th Period)
8:30 PM Chorale (3rd Period)
Chamber choir will perform at all concerts We look forward to being able to share the holiday spirit with each and every one of you!
Holiday Concert Safety Protocols and Expectations
- Our audience will be comprised of family members of the performing choir members only, not students from other choirs/etc. This is to ensure that we maintain the capacity limit in the auditorium. The concert will be recorded for educational purposes so all students will have the opportunity to view all performances.
- Face coverings are required by all audience members and participants while in the building and during the performance. We will provide choir students with matching black masks to wear during the concert.
- All students/parents will enter through the cafeteria doors. The cafeteria will be our holding area prior to each concert.
- When seating begins, parents will enter the auditorium via back doors and be seated by our ushers. Families groups will be socially distanced.
- Audience members will exit the side door of the auditorium and leave the building through the band hall doors. Ushers will assist in this process.
- Audience members and performing students will not be allowed to gather/fellowship in the school following the concert- all should exit immediately following the performance.
- In between each ensembles' concert, the building will be vacated to allow proper air settling and disinfecting of the seating area.
Choir Uniform Expectations:
- Girls: Black Choir Dress (provided), black close-toe flat shoes, hair in a full ponytail or bun, away from the face. No jeans or leggings may be worn under choir dresses- appropriate hosiery. No jewelry (with the exception of small stud earrings. Chorale girls will be provided pearls) Per the Choir Handbook, hair color and grooming must follow the TMHS Student Code of Conduct.
- Boys: Black Tux, bowtie, and cummerbund (provided), white wingtip tuxedo shirt (see picture below) black dress socks, and black dress shoes. Per the Choir handbook, hair color and grooming must follow the TMHS Student Code of Conduct.
Failure to show up in the correct uniform will result in removal from the performance and a grade reduction.
Formal choir uniforms will be coming home this week. If you haven't paid your fall semester fair share fee, please make sure to do so on school cash!
CHARMS is a program designed specifically for music organizations. CHARMS will serve as a database for tracking trip payments, fundraising information, and communication, which is essential to the success of our program. Please visit our CHARMS website regularly for updated information, and make sure to update all profile and contact information.
Go to www.charmsoffice.com
Click Login, Parents/Students/Members
School code: TomballMemorialChoir (case sensitive)
Password: Student’s ID number.
If you cannot access your profile, please contact me right away. If we don’t have your student information, you might miss out on important events and details. For help with charms, please email email@example.com