South Forsyth Competition
E-mail sent on 2/4/16
Good Morning Everyone!
First of all, please mark your calendar for Friday, March 4th. WGI is in Atlanta that weekend and Kennesaw Mountain HS may be having an exhibition on that evening that we will be able to perform at so we have another performance under our belt for later in the season.
We will have rehearsal this week on Wednesday, February 3 and February 4 from 5-8 p.m.
Our first competition is this Saturday, February 6th, at South Forsyth HS. Visit the website for competition details, map and schedules http://www.sapaonline.net/events/119. The cost for spectators to view the show is $9 per person.
The students will be wearing their performance costumes on Saturday along with show hair and makeup. Students need to wear body tight and appropriate undergarments under their costume. Also, students will need black flip flops to walk to performance and after performance.
Below is the schedule for the day:
8:30-11:00 a.m. - rehearsal at Barber Middle School
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – snack/load the floor/hair and makeup
1:00 p.m. – depart for South Forsyth HS
2:30 p.m. – unload/check-in
3:00 p.m. – hair/face touch ups
3:30 p.m. – pre-warm-up
4:00 p.m. – body warm-up
4:52 p.m. – equipment warm-up
5:18 p.m. – SHOWTIME!!!!
Students will be able to buy concessions and watch other units perform prior to retreat (awards)
7:00 p.m. – retreat (presentation of awards for each class)
7:45 p.m. – depart and return to Barber (around 9:00 p.m.) to unload floor and go home
- Make sure your student has ALL equipment, makeup, gloves (if needed), clothes and money to eat from concessions that will be available for purchase after their performance.
- Make sure that your student has a ride to and from the competition if you are not attending. Remember, per Cobb County policy, students cannot drive themselves to any competition.
- PLEASE TEXT MRS. COX AT 404-401-4298 IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ASSIST THIS WEEKEND WITH TRANSPORTING STUDENTS TO AND FROM THE COMPETITION AT SOUTH FORSYTH HIGH SCHOOL BY THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH AT 9 PM.
- Please be prompt picking up your student at Barber Middle School after the competition.
- Bring a good, solid, healthy lunch/heavy snack for practice. We will not be able to eat again until after the performance.
- All students must return to Barber Middle School to help unload the floor--this is mandatory.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Sheryl, Pierre, and Stephanie