HCHS Week at a Glance
Provided by the HCHS Youth Services Center
Monday November 13, 2017
College Signing - Maclaine Morris Baseball/Kentucky Wesleyan 3:45 HCHS Cafeteria
Tuesday November 14, 2017
ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) Testing
College Signing - Jaci Bickett Track&Field/University of Kentucky 3:45 HCHS Cafeteria
Wednesday November 15, 2017
Bowling Team Match Home 5:00 PM
Thursday November 16, 2017
Friday November 17, 2017
Winter Meet the Colonels 5:30 PM
Saturday November 18, 2017
F/JV/V Colonel Basketball Scrimmage Away 11:00 AM
Monday November 20, 2017
Girls Basketball Scrimmage (F/JV/V) 6:00 PM
Henderson County Board of Education Regular Board Meeting 6:00 PM
Tuesday November 21, 2017
Swim Team Meet Away 5:45 PM
F/JV/V Colonel Basketball Scrimmage Home 6:00 PM
Civics Test All 11th in the Aux AM,all 10th in the PM
Wednesday November 22, 2017
Thanksgiving Break - No School
Thursday November 23, 2017
Thanksgiving Break - No School
Friday November 24, 2017
Thanksgiving Break - No School
Monday November 27, 2017
Bowling Team Match Away 5:00 PM
Lady Colonel Basketball JV/V Home 7:30 PM
Tuesday November 28, 2017
Colonel Basketball JV/V Home 7:30 PM
Wednesday November 29, 2017
Freshman Lady Colonel Basketball Away 6:30 PM
Thursday November 30, 2017
Swim Team Meet Away 5:30 PM
SAT or ACT: Which test is right for you? Find out during National Practice Test Weekend: Free Live Online SAT vs ACT Test 11/18 or 11/19 - space is limted, reserve your spot now click here!
Parents, please take a few minutes to complete this technology survey for your school. The survey helps the school and district evaluate the technology being used in the classroom and guides future decisions regarding technology use as it applies to your student. The survey will be available through November 17th. Click here for the survey!
Seniors - WKU College Visit permission slips are available at the bookstore. They are due friday.
The musical reveal will be after school today at 3:30 in the choir room.
Leo Club members, there will be a Leo Club meeting tomorrow at 7:30 and again at 3:30. Please plan to attend one of the meetings.
Seniors the Henderson Community College is here every Monday during PLT in the Media Center to answer any questions you might have about preparing for college.
The Henderson Leo Club is collecting Sureway stamps for their annual Thanksgiving Basket project. Please donate Sureway stamps to your unit desk to help local families
have a Thanksgiving meal.
Science Olympiad meeting tomorrow afternoon at 3:30pm in G113. If anyone is still interested, contact Mrs. Thornhill in G113 for more information.
Jaci Bickett will be signing with the University of Kentucky tomorrow at 3:45pm in the HCHS cafeteria. Come support Jaci as she will be furthering her academic and pole vaulting career as a part of the Kentucky Wildcats Track & Field Team.
Congratulations to the volleyball team on a great season and a great game in the first round of the girls state tournament.
Congratulations to Jack Rausch for an outstanding year and finishing strong in the state XC meet.
Congratulations to the football team on a great season and all of the hard work that was put in to show your Colonel PRIDE
Congratulations to the drama cast of Snapshot and a great show over this past weekend.
Senior Most & Best Winners
Most Cooperative - Anna Hayes and Conner Coomes
Most Talented - Latta Rose Stinson and Tyler Alexander
Most Likely To Succeed - Sheridan Forker and Cole Privette
Best Leader - NiYa Davis and John Logan
Most Athletic - Jaylee Carter and Cartel Gilbert
Best Personality - Bailey Kavanaugh and Brice Easley
Most Intelligent - Clarke Sights and Zachary Beickman
Best All-Around - Pooja Patel and James Savage
Miss Senior - Bailey Kavanaugh
Mr. Senior - James Savage
Countiana Queen - Sheridan Forker
Countiana King - Conner Coomes
Underclassmen Most and Best Winners
Mr. & Miss Freshman - Ben Dalton and Cyanna Lee
Mr. & Miss Sophomore - Jordan Toribio and Whitnie West
Mr. & Miss Junior - Will Steiner and Faith Roberts
Pictures of these winners and class officers will be taken Wednesday, November 15th, at Bantly Photography Studio right after school.
Washington Youth Tour – June 8-15, 2018
This year, Kenergy will select three delegates to send on an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., titled the Washington Youth Tour (WYT).
A judge’s panel will chose the co-op’s three delegates and one alternate in January.
The Kentucky Association of Electric Cooperatives coordinates this trip. You may read more about this tour, including an itinerary, on the association’s website or watch a video of 2014 Trip at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LcJ2s9GLdQ
Students visit every major monument, tour the Holocaust Museum, spend a day at the Smithsonian, tour Capitol Hill, hear outdoor concerts, meet their Congressmen and much more.
To be eligible for the WYT, students must:
- Live in houses powered by Kenergy. (Whether students live with grandparents or other members of their families does not matter, as long as the house is powered by Kenergy.)
- Be 11th-graders.
- Earn a minimum 3.0 overall GPA.
To apply, students must:
Complete the Application for 2018 WYT by Dec. 31, 2017. In addition, students must:
- Mail the application to Jeanette Weedman, Kenergy, P.O. Box 1389, Owensboro, KY 42302-1389. The application must reach Kenergy’s office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2017.
- Attach a copy of their high school transcripts to the application.
- Attach a copy of their home’s most current Kenergy bill to the application.
- Submit a written 1,000-word essay on any subject about which they are passionate by January 15, 2018 (detailed below). Past winners’ topics have been about life on the farm, love for a grandmother, sports, FFA membership, and a love for reading, among others. Judges are free to use the topic as part of their selection process, so choose wisely.
More about the essay:
- Essays should not be attached to the application. Essays should be e-mailed separately to Jeanette Weedman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only e-mail submissions will be accepted.
- Essays are due by midnight Jan. 15, 2018.
- Typed essays only. Double spaced. And 12-point Times Roman font only, please.
- Essays should have the student’s name, high school, address and phone number typed on the upper right corner of the first page. (This information will not be given to the judges — only to Kenergy administrative staff who prepare the essays for judging.)
Judges may request personal interviews as part of the process.
Kenergy announces winners in March.
All WYT delegates must go to Frankfort for an overnight trip March 26-27.
Kenergy pays for this trip as well. If a student cannot attend the Frankfort trip, he or she will not be allowed to go on the Washington trip in June. WYT does not coincide with the Governor Scholar program.