SRES Family Newsletter for the week of November 30, 2020
Hope your break was wonderful!
Picture Retakes are scheduled for Monday, 11/30 & Tuesday, 12/01.
Pictures will be processed and sent home with your student(s) when they are ready.
After receiving your student's picture, if you would like to do retakes, please return the purchased pictures with your student on their re-take day.
If your student missed picture day or they are new to Sunset Ranch Elementary School, they should plan on taking a picture on picture retake day.
If you weren't able to order a picture on or before picture day, you should have received a proof sheet of your student's image. The proof sheet has instructions on how to order after the fact.
RVC students can check into the office during 8:00 - 12:00 a.m. on either day to take a picture.
Welcome to Ranch!
COVID Health Protocol Reminder
Just a friendly reminder that we are entering cold and flu season. We want to keep our students and staff safe. If your child has any of the following symptoms please keep them home:
- Fever (>100.4) or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
- New confusion/delirium
- Bluish lips or face
- Persistent chest pain or pressure
Once you let us know your student is sick, our health aide will contact you to do a health survey. Your student may have to stay home for 10 days. If your student has a documented, pre-existing condition and/or other health issues please contact the health aide. We are following guidelines given to us by the district and county. Please be understanding if your child has to stay home, it is for the health and safety of all our students and staff.
Get your 2020-2021 Yearbook TODAY!
The deadline to order is Friday, April 2, 2021, and we do not want you to miss out. We are making history in 2020-2021. #caring4coyotes
Sixth Grade Yearbook Student Cover Design Contest
Design must be on an 8.5” by 11” piece of paper
Design must include the name of our school: Sunset Ranch
Also include the years: 2020-2021
Please have the correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Include your name and teacher’s name on the back of your design in pencil
Must be a 6th-grade student
Due by: Friday, December 4, 2020
Please submit your artwork at the front office.
Sunset Ranch's Leaders of the Pack Food Drive
How to pick up a book from the SR Library
Log into Destiny by clicking the icon.
Books will be delivered to students in classrooms. RVC students can pick up books in the office M-F 7:50 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
TK-1st grade may check out 1 book at a time. 2nd-6th grade may check out 2 books. Books may be kept for 2 weeks. Contact Mrs. Bigley at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to renew your book after the due date.
Remember to bring with you any returns that you may have so you can check out new books. (Returned books will be quarantined for 4 days before they can be checked out again.)
Nutrition Services Grab and Go!
Grab and Go Service Times:
- TK, K, and 1st Grade Students will pick-up after or before school at the outside pick-up window.
- Students who are learning at home and RVC students will continue to pick-up between 11:00-12:00 Monday-Friday
Be sure to always wear masks and maintain a distance of 6 feet when picking up meals and materials @ the Ranch.
November Special Recognition's
- American Diabetes Month: November is National Diabetes Month, an opportunity for local and regional advocates to team up and work with partners across the United States to raise awareness of the illness. awarenessdays.com
- International Stress Awareness Week (November 2- November 6): "Stress and mental health problems have never been more important than now, and the challenges they present never more acute than in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic." ISMA Promoting Stress Prevention and Wellbeing. Be sure to identify signs of stress and identify healthy ways to manage stress during this difficult time.