We Are Together Tamanend!
February 19, 2013
KAD... in 4!
To help ensure everyone's safety, students who come to Tamanend to play on a team, or to enjoy the day, will not be allowed to leave without a parent signing them out.
Mrs. Dolan and members from the KADMF will be our honored guests on Saturday. We are Tamanend Proud to welcome them and show them just what we can do when we work and have fun together in service of others.
Random Acts of Kindness - Thank you!
Parent Council - Thursday, February 21st
9th Grade Assessment Presentations This Week
Thank you Mr. Ketler, Mr. Heisey, Mrs. Holloway and all 9A Mentors for your leadership and care of our 9th Graders throughout this process!
Boomerang Nominations Due
PSSA Dates for 7th and 8th Graders
- Math and Reading: April 9-12, April 15 & 16
- Writing: March 12-15
- Math and Reading: April 9-12, April 15 & 16
- Science: April 23 & 24
News from the TMS Health Room
7th Grade News:
- Scoliosis screenings will take place for all 7th grade students on Tuesday, March 5th or Thursday, March 7th. All 7th grade students taking gym will be screened on March 5th while students taking Specials could be screened on either day. Students are reminded to please dress accordingly. In order to be excused from the screening, a note from a parent/guardian with signature is required to be submitted to the nurse prior to the screening.
- Dental exams for 7th graders were due by October 15th. It is a state mandate that all 7th grade students have a dental exam on file. Any exam performed since September of 2011 would qualify to meet the requirement. Please send these forms in immediately.
- Also, all 7th grade students were required to have received the TDAP and MENINGOCOCCAL VACCINES prior to entry into 7th grade or have a signed exemption on file with the nurse. Many students may have had the vaccines but we do not have them in their file. Please contact your physician to see if your child has received the vaccines already. We must receive proof that your child has received these immunizations by May 1, 2013, otherwise they will be excluded from school per The Department of Health.
All students have been screened for height, weight and vision (other than those excused).
If your student DID NOT PASS the vision screening, you will receive a vision screening referral form in the mail. Please have this form completed by the eye doctor and return the form to the nurse’s office as soon as possible.
Thank you !!!
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target'sTake Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Got R o A R?
Trevor B. was nominated for Achievement by Mrs. Fink.
Serena L. was nomintated by Mrs. Leatherbarrow for all three: Respect, Achievement, and Responsibility.
Mrs. Gamble nominated Emma P. for her Achievement.
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- In order to promote more students eating breakfast before school, Tamanend now has a breakfast cart. Students can purchase breakfast items from 7:10 a.m. until 7:27 a.m. NEW LOCATION FOR THE CART: Outside the Auditorium by the back of Mr. Sanchez's room so that students may buy breakfast as they arrive to school. Students will be able to use their IDs to swipe their account number, or they can enter it manually. Students will be allowed to eat breakfast in their homerooms. For more information about the selection and prices, click here.
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- It is Kelly Anne Dolan Season at TMS. If you would like to donate to the KAD Memorial Fund online: http://dolanfund.org/account (please note "Tamanend" when donating online). If you would like to get involved, please email Mr. Jeff Klein or call 267.893.2910.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.