Battle of Palmito Ranch
By: Jaque Rodriguez
Thus it will be seen we captured,with 47 men,two gunboats,mounting
thirteen guns of the heaviest caliber and about 350 prisonars all men
behave like hero's; not among flinched from his post. Our motto was
"Victory or death".
1. The date of the battle is May 12 1865
2. The reason for battle was the Union blocked the supple rock.
3. The main cargo is cotton
4. The war was over when this battle happened
5. The confederate won.
6. The commander was John .S. Ford
7. Battle took place in Brownsville
8. Other General was Santos Benivetos
The picture came from: www.crwflags.com
and its the Unions flag
Questions and Answers
1. Why was this battle important?
This battle was important because the north was trying to block the south from getting there cotton.
2. Why would the North want to block the Gulf of Mexico?
The North wanted to block the Gulf of Mexico so the South could not get supplies.
3. Why did the south want slaves?
The south wanted slaves so the slaves could pick there cotton for them
Slaves picking cotton
COTTONIf you didn't know what cotton looks like now you do.